Foreign celebrities professing Orthodoxy

Tom Hanks

Oscar-winner Tom Hanks, a Catholic by birth, at one time walked out of the Catholic Church and took the Orthodox faith. The decision to be baptized in the Orthodox Church due to his second marriage, when Hanks married actress Rita Wilson, having the Bulgarian-Greek roots and are Orthodox.

"When you come into your life to the conclusion that you need to get married and have children, it is important at this stage to determine the spiritual heritage of his future family," - says the actor, adding that his legacy - is the Greek Orthodox Church. "I got married in the same church where my wife was baptized. My children were baptized in the same font as my wife. It makes our family a big part of the universal Church, "- emphasizes Tom Hanks, noting that am aware that" the importance and great to be able to go to church and to reflect on those important questions that ask you Orthodoxy, and on the answers, it proposes ".

Jennifer Aniston

On the religious upbringing of the famous actress she was greatly influenced by her father Janis Anasakis, Orthodox Christian Greek Crete. Jennifer frequently attends church and makes donations to the Holy Transfiguration Church, belonging to the Patriarchate of Constantinople.

David Gahan

The leader of the cult band Depeche Mode David Gahan adhere to Orthodoxy since linked their lives with a Greek Jennifer Skliaz.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting