As I was a sailor week

It all started because of this topic, read, looked at pictures, poryl in the net and caught fire.

Will be 35 photos + text.

The Standard - is a valid copy of the first frigate of Russia, pledged in 1703 - the flagship of the Baltic Fleet. The Standard was founded in 1994 in St. Petersburg, and in 1999 was launched. The history of the ship and life is very interesting, it is already in the network, because I will not be distracted from his story.

At that time, when I could get to The Standard (in January 2014), he was in the Canary Islands, which pleased me separately and added persistence in dealing with circumstances prevented me to get there. And so, the bag-aircraft Canaries.

I flew to the island of Tenerife Airport Reina Sofia, in other words, in the south, there are two of them all. Tenerife met me strong wind, warm wet weather, smooth roads, clean streets.

Unaccustomed to me evident: cleanliness on the streets (those that I've seen), roads, bicycle paths, people doing jogging along the promenade and sports. Here simulators that are on the waterfront. And then he passed acclimatization, and I began to consider that and to live.

Bike Path.

And even so ...

Hold of me and here are security bars near pedestrian crossings. The town called Santa Cruz.

When I got on the ship, there are ready to receive some important guests from the local.

The main deck was assembled makeshift table.

As I began to get used to the role of the Mariner, the guests visit, and it is necessary to equip life. I was offered a choice of two options: a hammock and a bed. I, without hesitation, chose a hammock - it is necessary full immersion. Sleep in it was very convenient, especially when the ship is at sea, a hammock swaying and lulls. In the dream I took an average of six hours and I felt fine

Each day begins with a standard of flag-raising. The presence of the team is necessary. After the flag-raising captain says, what are the challenges of today, and decides who will perform them. The atmosphere in the team is warm, friendly and a sense of discipline.

Further cleaning. I have the honor to wash the deck.

Further leisure and outing to the beach. Because of the humid climate of the rainbow in Santa Cruz were every day.

I saw an ad on the waterfront in Russian. The fine print is attributed to the English. In Spanish did not even write. Option two: either an inadequate price, or local media all rogue state language.

Access to the sea. Hooray! There tailwind - we go sailing. My job was to go up to Ray and untie the sails that they can be operated from the deck. Of course, with me I was a professional member of the team, who taught me how to do it. All the works were carried out in high-altitude climbing equipment. Safety first!

Go jibe, ie the wind in the stern, because only one sail.

Place the steering. Steering wheel navigator.

Stand spinning

They came to the port of Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria. Sunset in port and mooring was at night. And now the captain let us pillage the island.

We arrived in the town of Maspalomas, because we were told that there are sand dunes.

Well, how can we not gone crazy ?! We are fooling around as we could. For example, so its axis:

Down there naked grandfather. There is a nudist beach in the dunes, and because of the mild climate of the Canary Islands - it is the island grandparents nudists appropriate. While walking none retired hurt.

While in port the ship is open to the public. An excellent opportunity to practice their strength in foreign languages. The video tells the captain about the standard of the tourists. Also, it was organized for them an attraction for setting sail. What can I say, grandfather liked.

Access to the sea. Wind weak, because given the command to unbind the sails mainsail. At this time, the camera down, I took with me.

From below it looks like this:

Top so

The next day, calm, clear sky, the sun and the equator. Time equator mine and not only stay on the ship. Open ocean, half a kilometer to the bottom.

Vodicka degrees 22-24

And bask

By evening the weather turned bad. We turned on the engine and went to the port. More on this day I do not fotkal - not before it. Rose a strong wind, the storm began, there was a lot of work. In the pictures see the island of La Gomera to which we go. Before him go for two hours, but due to the fact that we were going against the wind, docked four hours later.

Since the ship for a while became a hostage of the weather, it was decided to rent a car and drive around the island.

About the beauty of the island of La Gomera you can do a separate post, I will confine a pair of pictures.

There will need to visit

Here they are clouds, it is possible to touch.

More

All. Rested. I did not want to leave. I'm used to a week to this lifestyle, the team to the ship. I hope to come here again. And thanks YaPu for what I have learned about the Standart.
All. Extreme. Thank you for attention.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting