Mark Jenkins in Moscow (30 photos)

Mark Jenkins - American star to street art, one of the most interesting artists of street art, known worldwide for its street installations created from packing tape. He actively promotes Scottish culture throughout the world, and even teaches the process of creating unusual sculptures in their workshops. Mark recently visited in Russia. He arrived in Moscow as part of the parallel program of III Moscow Biennale to be held in the center of the "Winery" series of master classes.

About his participation in such a provocative master class told fotobloger Sergei grayscale

Mark Jenkins - one of the most interesting artists of street art. This is about all I know about Jenkins, attempting to get to the "Moscow street art intervention". A few days sent letters and wait for a response, phone calls, explain why I want to attend the stocks and, behold, I in the auditorium of the winery. "That's what she and the intervention to be a surprise for her and no one knows in advance", - explained Arseny, curator of the project. Most of the participants have already done their work, and some even managed to set on the streets of Moscow.

1) The first thing I see - Woman in plastic wrap and tape. Uh-oh! The master knows his wrappings.

2) from the power source: "As part of the Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art in the halls of the center" Winery "American Mark Jenkins will give a series of master classes.»

3) It must have a soul wide open

4) Girls make up this strange watercraft

5) Almost finished sculpture

6) Food film and stationery knife - one of the main means of manufacturing sculptures

7) The result here are realistic figures.

8) And here is the head shot with her mistress

9) causes to help girls and take yoga to the Kursk Station. Maria Polishchuk wants to put in the waiting room. It discouraged - many police officers.

10) Travel around the city and look for suitable crowded place. Located near three stations.

11) Predictable developments, we have calculated. Maria explains that studies the reaction of passers-by.

12) To my surprise, a policeman and a man in civilian clothes when he heard the word "installation" and "foreign artists" have no objection, but simply advised to move away from the entrance of yoga to the station. It is necessary to choose the place it was!

13) Masha (right), once the good received, decides to put him in front of the "Ramstore»

14) After watching half an hour the reaction of passers-by, leaving yoga.

15) Maria few upset. Muscovites scared closed and loaded.

16) It is unlikely that one of them, looking at the sculpture, thought about the hustle of daily affairs, wisdom and purity of soul.

17) Chistye Prudy I met an astonishing composition. But first you need to tell exactly how it was installed

18) Authors - Dasha and Katya Glazkova kalapira Karmatskikh in the manufacture of adhesive tape wrapped sculpture own feet.

19) & quot; - How did you come to a head? & Quot; - & Quot; - We danced on the place. Thought of the Bolshoi Theater, was born the idea of ​​a ballerina. Then think about the fountain and ballerina turned and began to swim. & Quot;

20) Half Men, meanwhile, is trying to fool dumb boat, but the idea seems to go on it more and more frantic.

21) Output found. For 400 rubles gondolier coastal restaurant agrees to help the arts. However, for this he had half an hour of bailing out of his vessel.

22)

23) Mark Jenkins oversees his disciples, epochal installation.

27) We were pleased with the successful completion, I go to the next, the last of the day, the place

Tags

See also

New and interesting