Olympiad

One has to be probably true fans and skiing enthusiasts to leave Vancouver for one hundred and twenty miles in the pouring rain and sleet to stand for two hours, waiting for the results biathlon relay 4h7, 5 km. What the viewer sees on the ski stadium in Whistler? Practically nothing. And in such a snowfall that happened today - nothing at all. Therefore, installed near a huge TV screen on which the image of the TV broadcast, and the results on the scoreboard stages. You can scream, beat the bells, waving flags. Entertain yourself in one word. Firing line, Skiing seen very schematically, but nobody seems to not upset - suffer no worse than football, running from the hill for spectators to the fence enclosing the distance back and shout, make noise. Wow, I really enjoyed it.

begins with this Olympic Ski Stadium - shivering but smiling volunteers in capes, frame metal detectors in tents and two kilometer scenic road to the stands.

Volunteers are showing the way, entertain themselves as they can. Snowmen mold and police standing here.

Norwegian and Russian today among the fans, it seemed to me, was the most. Anyway, they were especially well heard.

If a person yawns at noon - it is precisely from the other end of the world. Jet lag does not spare anyone. I now night sleep I can not even really want.

The local police with pleasure poses for the camera.

And away relay. At a distance out of nineteen teams.

Norwegian biathlete, double Olympic champion Halvar Hanevold.

German fans.

Left - our Ivan through. He fled at the first stage of the relay.

American Lowell Bailey.

Two Norwegian gnome.

Somewhere here on the podium - with Norwegian King Harald Queen Sonja. I looked for them, but these same jackets and capes ... Only once they were shown on the big screen.

Someone blind from wet snow tankard and climbed on it.

"Our people in the city." A guy desperately ill, ran to the road, back up the hill.

Here you can warm up and dry off a little.

This Latvian Piksons finished his stage of the relay.

Ustyugov racing to the finish line. Our shot very well, Anton and Maxim Shipulina Chudova there were no errors, and the team was already on gold. Not lucky - Shipulina something happened with vision and he brought the baton only the fifth and Ustyugov smeared with the shooting.

The living legend of skiing, Ole Einar Bjoerndalen lucky team to "gold". He has now become a six-time Olympic champion.

Everything is clear and without comment.

"Tired but happy, tourists returning home"

Tags

See also

New and interesting