A day in the life of a fighter Alexander Shlemenko

The Russian mixed martial arts fighter and reigning Bellator middleweight champion - Alexander Shlemenko in the run-up to the fight to protect the world title gave an interview in which he spoke about his training and shared the secrets of success.

- My day - an awakening, a walk with the dog and the morning practice with 10:00.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - training in the gym. Monday, Wednesday and Friday - home workout, a walk in the snow - well, this is my personal, I like it - said Alexander.

Home workout involves a walk. Unusual, one might even say, a real Siberian walk through snowdrifts. Residents of the northern regions of the country will realize how physically difficult to overcome the snow dunes. It is obvious that such an exercise early in the morning - a good way for an athlete to cheer and warm up before exercise. But this is not the only feature of awakening Alexander - he always makes walking with his wife. From the words of Alena, husband literally "plant" on its "snow Promenade».

As a rule, training Alexander divided into two separate groups. In the first focuses on the development of endurance. As you know, this work is ongoing. The second group is specific because it includes work to prepare for a specific opponent.

- It is very important for our fighters mixed style good functional training. And here we are working to ensure that we had a lot of stamina in battle. It's hard training. Right now - this is Circuit Training - CrossFit. Aimed at the development of the respiratory system and explosive qualities. All exercises are performed with maximum force, maximum speed and maximum break - shared "Storm" between the regular series of exercises.

"I am my own coach," said Shlemenko to a question about coaching in preparation for battle. Specify that Alexander Shlemenko in 2006 graduated SibGUFK. Also has enough experience not only for their own training, but also to be a mentor of two eminent men - Alexander and Andrew Sarnavsky Koreshkova.

Before Alexander himself into training, he has revealed a little secret - the instruction.
 - I always tell everyone - "Not one step back." I try very fit, only go Vered and develop. Do not do what I will slow down and pull down. My setup before the fight - to win by knockout. His every fight I try to win by knockout. And as soon as possible. Fight hard, you do not want to endure. And wait for the opening of a second wind when it is already tired. So I try to tune in to a victory in the first round - that such installation shared with us Alexander.

From the conversation with Alexander and his wife became apparent that family life Shlemenko - it is a sport. Grueling training and preparation for each specific battle occupy a large part of the life of Alexander. All his spare time - and this is usually a half hour lunch-time, evening and a single output, the champion spends with his wife and daughter. "Now after a workout, I go home, have dinner and is likely to go to bed, well or play with my daughter," - said the athlete.

Note that Alain and Angelina as possible are present not only in combat but also in training her husband and dad.

- We do not have this, so I purposefully supported her husband and gave him some advice or guidance. Best of all - do not touch the topic of the upcoming battle. I always watch the fights, I can not watch. If before the fight we are far apart, then Sasha never not talk to anyone but me. Perhaps this is our little tradition - said, smiling Alain. Also noted that the preparation for the fight will take place in America, where family and go Shlemenko in the coming days at full strength.

While we were talking with his wife Alexandra, little Angelina, armed with a voice recorder, actively took his own interview with sparring partners of his father. Baby in the gym feels quite comfortable, and the athletes who fight around it is clearly not confuse. In between exercises, Alexander tries to devote a couple of minutes to the child.

- Angelina we give in gymnastics. But after we watched performances in figure skating at the Olympics, and began to think about this sport. But still more inclined to the gym. She has been very active, and this energy need somewhere to direct. Therefore, in the future, the daughter of the sports we have no doubt - told us their little secrets Alain Shlemenko.
That's how we were able to communicate with the sports family Shlemenko. Which is a great pleasure to share with us one of his normal days on the way to the championship Alexander.

Source: www.ridus.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting