Kiev 100 years ago today (25 photos)

Changes in Kiev in 100 years

In contrast today's red building University. Shevchenko was a monument to Nicholas I, a much more beautiful pedestal than a monument to Taras Shevchenko today. The situation has changed, but overall the place is guessed.

Area at Merchant Assembly (today - Philharmonic) before looked much more comfortable and compositional integrity than the current European area. In the center stood a fountain Terme, a walkway leading to the observation platform was designated arch incredible beauty. Today, too, is a viewing platform rainbow arch, and under it - two half-naked guy, symbolizing the friendship between Ukraine and Russia. Remove the European area with the same height did not work - hotel lobby is too high and the windows do not go inside.

monument to Vladimir with a cross had to take a few more to the left because of the grown trees. On the other side - sleeping areas.

St. Sofia's Square, if you look at the cathedral, virtually unchanged. Appeared pavers and luxury accommodation, right at the fence of Sofia. Yes and transport increased. We tried to recreate the time of day, but the old pictures, painted by hand, colorist wanted to see the sunset, although the building lit from the east and from the west horizon red. We decided not to split hairs - filmed at night.

I do not nostalgetik, but the chain bridge, which could safely be compared to Budapest, looked more beautiful this bridge subway. During low water ruins it supports are seen a few dozen meters from the metro bridge.

Laura added around vegetation, road junctions become tricky, promenade paved with stone and painted graffiti.

St. Andrew's Church. It should be noted that photoshop appeared much earlier than it might seem at first glance. Designers worked not only with color, as I have already mentioned, but also with the stamp of cloning: is a column, and no wires. In the sky there, and under the dome of the church there, it was easy to overwrite, and scaling in the old version of the program, obviously, it was not.

Street Gorodetsky. The fact that the colorist picked neutral colors for pictures, suggest the color of clothes of men in the picture, they are unreliable. Pink building on the modern photo - the same as in the old, this conservatory.

From the old Downtown nothing left. Today - the so-called "Stalinist architecture", well-recognized in many countries of the former Soviet bloc.

View of the hem. City ends at Kurenivka. Area consisting of buildings in the upper right corner has increased over the last twelve years.

Dnieper embankment.

Entrances to St. Michael's Cathedral and Lavra. I find it easy to judge the technique of shooting great-pradedovskih times, however, they did not avoid the distortion: Lavra Belltower is exactly, but the dome will draw the right.

Source

Tags

See also

New and interesting