Some Like It Hot "

From the blog la-gatta-ciara: Marilyn Monroe will always remain in the history of cinema as an actress with a bright, unique sexuality. Each turn of her head, each swinging hips, every smile - all causes anxiety in men and admiration in women.

I'm the same as costume designer, has always been more interesting: what kind of underwear actress wore in the movie "Some Like It Hot»?

It may seem that there was no underwear under her dress at all, but carefully considered the pictures and read the memories of witnesses, I realized that the lack of clothes - just a great illusion.

In this photo you can see that on the back of the shoulder straps are sewn into the bra dress. And there is no "ground floor" (as a white dress).

In this photo you can see that on the back of the shoulder straps are sewn into the bra dress. And there is no "ground floor" (as a white dress).

Genuine dress 1920s.

Monroe said costumers that even sleeps in her bra to the breast has not lost its elasticity. Although she claimed more journalists: "I sleep naked. Everything I do for the night - a drop of perfume Chanel № 5 ».

Incidentally, when «Some Like It Hot» in 1959 was released, costumes costume designer Orry-Kelly offended puritan audience: Kansas Film banned for viewing, and in Memphis, Tennessee set limit "for adults only". < br />
Costume design of the film has been specifically designed for it, to emphasize the sexy actress - we know that in the 20-ies of XX century dresses were rectangular silhouette.

Silent film actress Gloria Swanson, 1920. And M. Monroe in the film.

Photo sample with costume and frame of film

But in the 1950s, no one in Hollywood wanted to authenticity was more important to emphasize the physical advantages of the actress than to maintain compliance with the era.

Costume designer Orry-Kelly and actress M. Monroe

Thanks to the skills of the costume designer Orry-Kelly, the audience does not even notice that the actress during the filming was pregnant, and 10 years older than that specified in the script.

American film critic Roger Ebert describes a scene in which Monroe sings in "naked" cocktail dress as "striptease, in which nudity would be unnecessary."

As for the clothes - in such dress Monroe between two layers of fabric sewn cup bra special design.

Marilyn was a size 36D, but usually tried sewing shop tailor cup bodice so that breasts seemed even more.

In true bra Monroe created for the famous pleated dress from the movie "The Seven Year Itch", and which was sold at auction for $ 5200, you can see what style of bra loved actress.

Another bra Monroe sold for $ 7,000, and here, too, used the same principle: chest locked and actively growing at the expense of the bottom gasket.

As to why the actress sit tight dresses - and everything is simple: they sewed up before each shot directly on the Monroe.

Few interesting photos from the set of the film:

Tags

See also

New and interesting