Tarantino Quotes

That's what happens when the five-year boy watching films "16+", and a 20-something gets a job in the video room. He, and he - a Quentin Tarantino - is becoming a cult director of the XXI century. His journey has been long and not so easy, but a talented self-taught, characterized stubborn character, reached the heights of which only dreamed of under the gun) Now Quentin has everything except a complete family, the creation of which he sacrificed for the sake of his career. And even the "Oscar" has not bypassed this modern genius side, though, it would seem, his films do not draw on the usual Oscar-winning dramatic picture. During one of her first big movie - "Pulp Fiction" - Quentin received a statuette in the category "Best Original Screenplay" and at the moment 49-year-old director is awaiting a decision on their extreme film - "Django Unchained" - which is presented for "Oscar" in the same category. Perhaps in the near future, Quentin will double winner of this award.

I was a tough guy before I recognized. Because it felt as good as now, but this is no one suspected. In the twenty years I have been on the suburbs of Los Angeles, and not to choose. Yes that there - I saw snow for the first time, then when I went to the festival in Sundance.

If I was not the director, I hardly would work at the post office or some such eight-hour operation. I think I would be scammers. And all my life would run from the guys from the department on economic crimes.
I do not shlyayus of billiards. I do not play poker. And I do not go to sporting events. For me even to watch sports on TV - torture. I can go to the "Dodgers" (the main baseball team Los Angeles), because that's where the game is not as important as the beer and the people around. What I can not understand is the fact that the average American can not serve a three o'clock in the movie, but can four o'clock to look stupid, boring soccer match.

I have a bunch of theories, and one of them is that no one really does not like sports. Men just think that they have to love him, and pretend. The same thing I think about a group of «The Who». In fact, no one likes this group. It is assumed that it is necessary just to love, and that's all pretend. They are afraid to admit that the king - naked.
Somebody demolish polbashki from the hard drive - and I do not touch a drop. I take it as a cool special effect, and I like the mise en scene. I was really touched by ordinary human history. Someone cut himself a piece of paper on the set, and sneaks me, because I can try it themselves. And get into the stomach of all of the US - well, as is the try on ...

I have no weapons. And I'm not against the ban on the carrying of weapons. It could create real miracles. Street violence in America beyond. When you come to Europe, it seems that escaped from the constant sense of danger. In Europe, too, kill and rape, but, compared with the United States, it's just a kindergarten some. Although, if you look at it all a little different, it can be said that the ban on carrying weapons in the United States - a little hypocritical idea. America was founded by people in the hands of trunks that just took what they like. We are, in short, a nation of warriors. We are very easy to make, and sometimes the case.
Even before the "Pulp Fiction" I began to realize how cool to be a director. When I began to travel around the festivals, I started tra * atsya like a rabbit. Before that I had never left the country, and there is not just tra * alsya and tra * alsya foreign heifers. And when this was not, I found that I embrace with some Italian girl who is nothing inferior to Michelle Pfeiffer.

You can pick up thirty percent of my glory, and I'm not the least bit offended. Not that I do not like to be famous, but thirty percent less - is enough. Before, I could just take a walk and think about her, but now it's impossible. If I wanted to glue every night a new girl, it would have been absolutely amazing, but I do not want to. Now it's very simple, but it is not particularly necessary.
I did not go to film school, I went to the movies.

There are two reasons why I love cereal for breakfast: firstly, they are really delicious, and secondly, they are really easy to prepare. What could be better than cereal with milk, of course, if you have a good box of cereal? Everything else requires so much time. Flakes, they like pizza, you eat them until you do not get sick. And I always liked that manufacturers are still guided by the children. Flakes out of fashion faster than repperskie sneakers. They stand in the supermarket for three months, and then disappear. And, once you have seen them.
I have a great big house, which allows me to collect a bunch of things - not that flat. Last time I collect rental copies of movies. For connoisseurs of cinema to collect the video - it's like smoking weed. Laser disks - it certainly cocaine. A rolled up - pure heroin. When you start to collect the rental copies, if you always stoned. I have a serious collection, and I'm really proud of her.

Scary like genre movie, and everything - from spaghetti westerns to samurai movies.
I do not feel any "white guilt" and not afraid to plunge into the racial conflicts. I'm above it all. I never worried about what people might think, because the sincere man always finds a sincere person. Normal people always understand me. And people who are themselves full of hatred and want to catch all be down on me all the dogs. In other words, if you have a problem with my movies, then you are a racist. Literally. I really think so.

I am a bit proud that achieved everything he has achieved, without having even secondary education. It makes me smart. It makes an impression on people. I'm not a big fan of the American public education system. I hated school, which ran in the ninth grade. The only thing I regret - although not so very much - that's what I thought, this horror will last forever. I did not realize that a college would be different. Now, if I was doing all over again, I would have finished school and went to college. I am sure that would have coped.
I never met his father and never really wanted to meet him. He's not my father. Only the fact that he slept with my mother, does not make him my father. The only thing that I can say to him: "Thank you for fucking cum." He had thirty years to see me, but he suddenly decided to do it, when I became famous. The ugly side effect of fame. Once, when I bore his name, but he did not appear, I thought, "Well, it's even cool. This is the style. " But the damn fame attracts people.

For a long time I have not seen anything in the movie that would scare me. What really scares me, it's a rat. I have a real phobia. Seriously.
When I worked in a video store, I heard parents scolded the children for what they have always taken the cinema, they have already seen and loved. Because as a child thinks, "Why take not know that? I'll take a minute again this tape. " He looks at it for the fifteenth time and sincerely laughing at all the jokes. So I have a child psychology - I like that approach.

I'm not a big fan of cars. The car just takes me from one place to another. Red Chevy Malibu, which led Travolta in "Pulp Fiction", belongs to me. I did not have any work to it. I wanted to get rid of him. I keep it in the parking lot so seldom encounter it. On the set, I tried to sell it. He was still very new, and everything went and licked. But everyone seemed to him that there must be something wrong, because I did not pay any attention to him. And I said, "No, I just do not need it. Pay me as much as I paid for it and it is yours ».
Between men and women, all the time there is tension. I feel it. A woman walks down the street, and I'm going back, and suddenly there is this tension. I just walk down the street, we were just on the way. And she thinks I'm a rapist. And now I feel guilty, even though I have x * ene wrong did. Like "I'm sorry, I'm coming behind you." And she thought: "What now and walk on the street can not?" And immediately there tension and anger, though not because of that.

If at the end of the year I can say that I saw ten really - without any discounts - good films, it means that the year was a success.
Big Ideas spoil the movie. In the movie, the most important thing - to make a good movie. And if in the process you will come to mind the idea, it's fine. But this should not be a big idea, it should be a little idea of ​​where each will make something of themselves. I mean that if you make a film about that war - it is bad, then why bother to do a movie? If that's all you want to say - say it. Two words: the war - is a bad thing. That is only three words. Although the two words will be even better: the war - it is bad.

The violence appears out of nowhere. You can sit and laugh, and the next moment become unmanageable ... One day I was waiting for a bus at the corner of Western and Santa Monica - there is a lot of prostitutes. There was a black prostitute transvestite. Suddenly a car stopped next, she jumped out of a Mexican boy with a baseball bat and went to a prostitute. It was a complete sur. I could not even open his mouth. She felt something, turned and saw the guy hit it today. She told him with a threat: "Do not do that, I SHL * ha." It is a wild response. I was frightened. A man holds a bit over her head and cut one, she said. And she says: "Do not do this, do not do." And then - bam! - He beats her. They began to fight, and then get out of the car a few guys. At this point I gave tear, and she gave a tear. Here is a moment in life violence.
When I began to write about, I learned so much surprising. It turns out that I'm ridiculously ironic: too fast talking, waving his arms too. So now I think, 'Oh, maybe you should not talk so fast? ", Or" might, do not pull your hair? "I am completely obsessed.

I've noticed something about the "Oscars". When the "American Beauty" was the best film, it was like a new era. A film about losers, cool film finally won. Prior to that, they have always been so: he was the favorite Hollywood movies and cool movie. You know, darling of the critics. And always, when it came to awarding Hollywood movie won. Best Film, Best Director. Well, cool movie always gets the prize for the script. It was a consolation prize for the slope.
As a child, I collected comic books. Then it was cool, because no matter where you live in the suburbs or in the city district, has been around for at least six children, who collected comic books. You could take a comic book come to a total stranger to the boy, knock on the door and say, "Hi, I'm Quentin. You Ken? I heard you were going to comics? I, too. You can see your collection? "It was a ritual. You show your collection, he - his, you are changing. You could just come to a total stranger to the boy and make friends with him.

Tags

See also

New and interesting