Stewardess Svetlana

About the choice of profession

I came to work at 23 years old, wanted to see the world, I am not interested in pay. Get was not very easy. The first stage - the interview, then English and psychology - three hours, physicians must pass all make sure that the person is healthy and ready to spoil their health. Well and training. I do not know anything about the profession, did not know any other companies, except for "Aeroflot", I even thought they are all in Europe.

Prior to that, she worked in a restaurant, I understand that this communication with drunk people and that there will be worse, because the space is closed. More about the profession I did not know anything. Later she learned that not all countries have been able to see that it happens that you do not even go out of the plane. From the window of the airport to see, and nothing more can be seen.

The first four months I was flying on charters. Not getting enough sleep at all. To three in the morning to be at the airport, I had to 8pm and check in the hotel, which provides airline. Living and sleeping for five hours, and then still need to freshen up. Fly back and forth, and then pass the plane, and sometimes wait for two hours to deliver food to get home under its own power. And so every day wear. For the first three or four months I was sorry that went - was a huge stress. Then there was the first trip to China, things went better and better. Ended charter flights in the winter were one trip. Began to feel that life is beautiful and that you love your job.

About 10 days in the Maldives and two months in Anadyr

Flights are different, they are divided into reversal and Relay. Still there are those we call them "Around the World" - from Ufa to London, from London somewhere else. Reversal - even when there is no overnight stay, length of flight hours to five or five and a half. Arrives, a half hour parking - and back. And if the flight relay, parking depends on popular destinations, season.

Let's say, in the summer in the Maldives we stay for 10 days. The tourists, who see it, there is an unpleasant reaction. There was a woman passenger on my flight, she wrote a complaint to the airline, literally: "How dare they walk on the sand, which I paid».

Many tourists think that we live in an airplane week. Very surprised to learn that it is not in the plane and in hotels, and even better than they are - not less than 4-5 stars. Flight attendants are people too, they must rest. If we are somewhere arriving and the flight was longer than six hours, be sure to stay for a day. And there were the baton to Australia, there lived a month. So unclaimed direction of passengers is small. Then closed it as unnecessary. Still there Anadyr winter, there is sometimes impossible to fly. One crew stuck once for two months.

Entertainment program is not provided, no allowance shall be everywhere - are calculated depending on the direction and hotels. In the same Cancun Daily minimum, because the hotel is all inclusive, even alcohol. Personally, I was there for 10 days. According to Russian New Year was a relay race, a week in Kamchatka. There are no per diem. Feed you, the hotel is not very good, but the best of what can be. And you live there, and the salary is reduced, because it depends on the raid.

About Health

I personally health left a lot on the job, flying has little more than four years. I have asthma, increased thyroid, nervous system is affected, varicose veins appear. With a runny nose flight - burst eardrums, there were such cases. At the heart of the load, to get pregnant very easily, to know yourself. At the weakest point flights hit necessarily. You do not know where the fly, you get out of the heat in the cold all the time not getting enough sleep. The body does not know what to do. Fly to New York, the difference minus eight hours from Moscow, where you spend a day, fly back, they give you another day to rest, and fly to Kamchatka, and there is a difference plus eight. The night there, then the day do not understand where you are. Well, to work with people - even the most difficult. Several flights to Antalya or Hurghada - and you start to hate everyone around. Passenger throws at you all their problems, their fear of flying. A drunken passengers - that's another story.

About charters

The worst thing - charter destinations in the mass popular resorts. Especially with transfers from Novgorod, Kursk, Siberia. One husband and wife quarreled, they began to communicate, passports, scared of being arrested in Hurghada. She cried the whole cabin mate: "I had been saving for this year ticket, and you tell me, bastard ruined everything!" These are people who hoard year, from the working class, believe that bought a ticket for 20 thousand, and now they have all around . Rest them begins with duty free. And when this crowd gets together in a confined space, it's scary, it may lead to unpredictable consequences.

In summer it is all Turkey, Egypt, Greece, Cyprus, winter is Bangkok, Phuket, Dominican Republic. Top-most terrible - it's just the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Cuba. Flight long, they have time to drink a lot and quarrel and make up, and want to smoke, want conflict, as men usually do. Conflict with those who are able to find. The most simple - with his wife. If there is some company, it is possible to fight with them. If you do not fight with anyone, there are flight attendants.

By the way, when passengers are flying there on vacation, it's much worse than back. Fly back peace, calm, not so much alcohol consumed.

I have not noticed that over the years have changed the passengers, culture of behavior is not growing. But the feeling when tickets are falling in value. If the ticket is expensive, passengers are good. The cheaper the ticket, the worse the passengers. Once discounts and frenzied selling all - the plane can be dry-cleaned to pass.

There are women too violent. Another scary flight in my memory - Ibiza. This golden youth, such 20 to 30 who have a lot of money and they are confident that they can be everything. They smoked in the toilet, and we could not do anything. 150 people who have the grass with him and other drugs and alcohol they zatarilis. Here are just soared, the plane flies at an angle, the girl jumps up from his chair with a bottle of champagne to go is impossible, it falls on its heels, the boy collapses to his knees, hugging him, she might be hysterical, "I'm afraid of flying, let's have a drink with me" . Although usually more afraid of men.

Women hysteria when they have problems with men when the children some kind of lightness. If something does not suit, and a flight attendant can grab the hair. But more often, of course, men are showing aggression. Recently, due to the large flight delays in the Dominican Republic one of our girl broke his nose.

About passengers

Passengers are very strange. Regular flights - pretty quiet, they are nice to fly. Foreigners like me. Although if you take flights to Tel Aviv - there is nothing worse. Better to fly with Russian. Complaints from the Israelis come to very different - in audio recordings and written. Write on the board, write on the Internet, write all those who find it. Do not like it all.

Was once a flight to New York, flew religious Jews. Meals have kosher, it frozen, because it is necessary to sanctify the rabbi, stamped seal. I go over to the passenger - it's not like: one dry, the other cold, very sweet juice, the water is warm, narrow seat. All such. Suggest that no, it's not like it. Europeans and Americans in the majority are very friendly. Then maybe write something, but in my eyes you will smile. Asked to remove the bag from the emergency exit - they are happy, and will help each other. And help me to carry the water to the passenger.

With Russian passengers on scheduled flights too well. People who fly on business trips, mostly adequate. The absolute worst category of passengers - law enforcement officers. They peel the nose shake: "We can do anything, but you know who I am, you're no longer working here, lie down - I find, slaughter-bury." I used to "dismissed" for flight times five.

Our chairs on large aircraft placed right in front of the passengers, we are obliged to take off, strapped. And while you sit on the contrary, have time to listen to a lot of interesting things. I once flew a man width as the table. A narrow chair. In such cases, it should sell two places, but it is very expensive. He was very uncomfortable, but it was nowhere to be transplanted. And I listened to what a bad plane Boeing. In any case, is guilty steward - for poor nutrition, for the delay, because the family were seated in different corners.

About handcuffs and other sanctions

You can already apply sanctions even if the passenger just loud talking or arguing loudly, or, God forbid, a fight. We fly the security officers. In all directions, on the charter. They pass through the cabin, selected drinks. If the neighbors complain, the security officers or stewards can already take your passport and write a warning to refuse carriage. This works if the flight is flying there. For example, in Mexico it will be easy then to fly to Moscow at the same price, if our airline fails, and people are afraid. Someone soothe friends, relatives, wives, who flies with them.

We do not do anything practically can not. Bindings have plastic, a normal man they were not frightened. If someone tied up, trying to transplant closer to the front, where flight attendants work. Or to the toilet, there is a place near the door. Often help passengers. Men see that I was hurt, and be sure there is always someone who will intercede. Or you can call the men to help calm. Although it is, of course, illegal. Neither we have no right to force use or passengers.

About the prohibition of alcohol from duty free

If we prohibit use bought in duty free alcohol, the problems can be solved by 80%. If you do not drink, people at least will understand potential liability. Drunken do not understand what that means. They do not care - surrender to the police or not surrender, take away your passport or taken away. It is important to show what he is cool and what his friends, and we are here - no one at all. There are normal people, but how to define - you're normal people or not? You drink a small bottle of champagne - and you'll be fine, or you start to brawl and break out the plane door or door to the cockpit? Sometimes people say: "Release, I do not want to fly." And we fly over the Atlantic Ocean. Therefore, the door to the instructions should be supervised. But passengers are others, too, want to live. They understand that if there is a loss of containment, the consequences could be disastrous. Passengers themselves often take the initiative and fight Buyan.

About fear

Once was. But then from the stress of hair fell three months. Wheel burst on takeoff and landing pilots lit up the scoreboard, the chassis does not come out. Fly to Kiev and a half hours, we flew four - produced fuel. Passengers all guessed, tantrums in the cabin. My colleagues also perenervnichal, but all the different reactions to stress, all very young. Two of the three of us just sat down on the floor and began to eat. I, on the contrary, in such situations, there do not want to - I have to do something. And I went through the cabin, talking with passengers. As a result, the chassis out, but right wheel still snapped, just left work. And there was a probability of 70% per cent of what we wipe the ground, there fuel tanks, it could have ended badly. To produce this fuel and to minimize fire. I just sat on the right side. But thanks to the captain, he leveled the plane sat on the left wheel. Ambulance, fire, police, all we meet. The ambulance a few very impressionable girls were taken.

Another awkward landing there were crosswind. In the Far East, this often happens. There are strong winds, the weather is bad. Some passengers are not even aware that there was something, sometimes guess, and then bear gifts.

About the state of the aircraft

Global failure are rare, planes pass medical examinations, if I may say so. Follow them carefully. Aircraft in developed countries new. And those whose expiry date, give in leasing backward countries, including Russia. In Russia there are practically no new aircraft, all of them for 30-40 years. More airlines are doing everything to prolong their lives. And small companies have little money with which to pay them experienced technicians? Take those who have worse education. Saving everywhere. If something repaired with tape, planes will fall. But then, of course, the totality - the fate, equipment, people.

About pilots

In flight the pilots do not drink, but mostly they certainly alcoholics. They drink on a business trip when sitting week. As a result, drink too much. But they are drunk on the flight did not arrive, doctors monitor, and it fired. In flight, they have provided all the rest - bed, toilet, flight attendants bring eat-drink. The work is interesting and respected. This is not a flight attendant who communicates with 400 passengers. They came into the cabin, took off, sleep, sat down, got their 300-400 thousand per month. Pilots frequent travel, per diem, big salaries, big opportunities. They really hold on to his job. When are physical, they are ready for everything, what you want to give a bribe to be assessed as unfit. Pilots fly until retirement, health requirements are very high, and in 50 years when our work is easy to maintain health.

Tags

See also

New and interesting