Tasmania

Photo report about ecotourism in Tasmania. We decided with his wife in 2014 and new to celebrate Christmas away from home in Sydney and go somewhere poprohladnee, which have not yet been to the people and less. The choice fell on northern Tasmania. Or rather in the vicinity of the city Lantseston. Fortunately there is a direct flight from Sydney and fly just 1:45.
Zabukovali room for a week in the "Swiss Village", 15 km north of Lantsestona, a car from the airport and tickets to / back.
Upon arrival to the main building in the "Swiss Village»:

We got out to look around:

While everyone on the website of the hotel :)

The hotel was really an entire village with its restaurants, cafes, golf courses and other bells and whistles.

Even the wheel of a mill built - to create an atmosphere.

View of the main building. Sheltered from the left wing - the gym, swimming pool and Turkish bath:

Throw things in the room and went for a walk on the territory is still light:

Just discovered the boundaries of our territory:

All land belongs to someone. If the land is not fenced, it is any national park:

In addition to rooms in the village to live in the bungalow. The only difference is that you have a separate house, and it is colder at night. Inside the bungalows and larger number is no different.

On the territory of the village turned out to be 3 artificial pond:

Around everything is quite green and clean:

If you do not want to go down, it is possible to rent a large mountain or trikes with pedals and a buggy ride on the territory to them:

Everywhere hanging around wild animals. I do not know what kind of chicken, such red eyes, but she was making sounds exactly in exactly like a quacking duck:

Rabbits were just everywhere:

Coming at any time from your room to the street you could see at least 2-3 rabbit:

View of the village from the highest point:

In one of the ponds is also home to two black swans:

I never saw such legs ducks:

Swan was constantly on the alert and fend for themselves close only if you carried him some food:

Around the vicinity are a lot of farms and the most popular - wintergreen. There, farmers were selling freshly cherries different varieties. We really liked the variety Summit - very large and very sweet:

Healthy paranoia - check the radiation level in the room. The normal pattern is considered to be 14-15 mR / h. Houses in Sydney just such and there.
Background in the village appeared a total of 11 mR / hr:

At 3 kilometers from the village turned out to be a place with a beautiful view and free barbecues - Brady's Lookout:

BBQ in Australia is very popular. All the big stores can always find a package pickled meat for a barbecue and tools like tongs for turning meat.
These barbecues are washed every day, but decided to clean up after themselves, to other people, too, they were able to take advantage of them without waiting for the next day, when they wash cleaner:

Away from major settlements in the cloudless night sky Tasmanian looks like this:

Another Lookout east of Lantsestona:

Eucalyptus have unrealistic dimensions and take them close only as a panorama:

In Tasmania, a lot of large and small waterfalls. Here is one of them - Leara Falls:

Another waterfall in Leara Falls:

Typical view in the center of Lantsestona.

In the Lantsestone have a beautiful park - Cataract Gorge. Most of it - a dam with a few rapids on the creek, a free swimming pool and the cable car (fee required):

Tasmania is full of various farms. Some of the most popular for tourists - lavender farm:

Types there are opened surreal:

From grown lavender extract oils and flavorings, which are then commonly used in perfumery and food industry:

In one of the cloudy days decided to take a ride around the neighborhood:

On the shore of the bay. Trumpet - a rainwater:

We stopped in the town of Devonport. It is significant in that there is a ferry to the mainland. «Spirit of Tasmania» Now only runs between Melbourne and Devonport. 3 years ago the then-existing closed line from Sydney. Although the prices were quite democratic, people prefer to travel by car to Melbourne, and from there by ferry to Tasmania - it's faster and cheaper:

Chocolate factory south of Devonport:

Further to the southeast is a pleasant place called The Cherry Shed. This is another place where you can taste fresh Tasmanian cherries and anything else out of it do:

Playground in the Cherry Shed:

A kind of museum to customers was something to gawk at while they are waiting for your order:

The device with an electric motor to extract the seed from a cherry:

Pancakes with cherry ice cream and cherry syrup. Good thing we did not stuck:

Cherry brew:

Another rainy day riding around the neighborhood, came across a poppy field. We decided to go take pictures closer:

About the close - that's me, of course, I got excited. When I tried to push between the wire arm with a camera I shibanulo shock. I have not even touched the wire. It should be about 4000V. Air samples and a spark hit me in the finger on his left hand, then passed through the body of the current into the ground through the right leg. As I said, the day was rainy and everything around it was wet.
But the current was weak. 220V AC mains beats much stronger.
Home nowhere does not say that the fence voltage. Only it says that if you will eat the plants, then you can drop the hoof:

The next day cleared up and decided to go on a goat farm. On the road we met a horse. He was even without a "coat", which is quite unusual for the area, because dark horses usually cover the back to avoid sunstroke:

There are also farm:

Do not forget to exclude a country road in the GPS-navigator when calculating the route in Tasmania, otherwise it is easy to prove to them:

Eventually we got on some road where there was no car and ran into a place from which he could pass only with 4WD clearance of not less than half a meter:

We were very pleased to have got "lossless". One could easily udelat machine or sit on the "belly" in a place where there is no cellular:

Goat farm was not as exciting as we expected and obviously not spent on it was worth the effort. Well, at least goat cheese ate and drank fresh goat's milk - to sell it in Australia, smoking - the milk for sale must be pasteurized and homogenized:

Well, at least her appearance with a good offer:

But Berry Farm compared favorably against the backdrop of a goat!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting