12 good and 5 bad

From 15 to 60% savings in gasoline. That's how much you can get if you apply all the ways I have listed in this article. It's amazing how much gasoline we burn in vain literally out of the blue.

Find out how much extra spending liters YOU!

Method №0: Visit the service

Out of competition.

Excessive consumption may be caused by a number of breakdowns. Everything written in this article assumes that your car is in good condition.

Regularly visit service.

Method №1: Reduced Cx
Cx - is the drag coefficient. The more the machine is similar to a bar of soap, so it is less.

For example, Gelendvagen, Cx = 0, 55:

Lada Priora, Cx = 0, 32:

Toyota Prius, Cx = 0, 25:

A racing car: Cx = 0, 16:

"Well, all right, all right. What do I do with my Gelendvagenom? Sledgehammer or something sharp corners obstukivat? »

Angles obstukivat will not, but poubirat some of the unnecessary - a good idea. That plate useful:

Element Increasing Cx

roof rack ± 10%
open windows +5%
open hatch + 3%
antenna + 2%
"Fly swatter" +3%

If you have forgotten the last time I enjoyed a roof rack, why not remove it?

And why every third disfigures his car "fly swatter" I probably will never understand. I can try to "educate" in the comments.

Method №2: Reducing vehicle weight
Well, it is clear: less weight - less consumption.

Check whether you carry any with them unnecessary things (child seat, winter tires and cylinders "nezamerzayki" in the summer).

Contrived to put extra sound insulation? Remember that it will increase the weight of your car in the 50-100 kg and consumption at 0, 4-0, 7 liters. That is, for sound insulation you'll pay Lifetime cars.

In countries with good roads is reasonable to remove the spare tire. However, I have heard that there is a new machine, and so it is not completed. In Russia, such a "trick" can hardly be called successful. I do not know the roads in Ukraine.

Method №3: Change your driving style
For some, there lie the endless reserves of savings (And according to a boring German Traffic Safety Council - up to 25%).

What is the most economical driving style?

Ask your grandfather, "smart" choice of speed, smooth acceleration and braking. You also need to take into account the work of traffic and road conditions in general. In a nutshell: the less you use the brake, the lower the consumption.

--img12--

Method №4: From time to choose wisely trip

--img13--

Standing in a traffic jam - wasting gasoline.

Maybe it makes sense to go with a stock? Maybe even at 6 am? Yes, before you arrive, but you will save time and fuel, and the rest can devote an hour or two, for example, reading Layfhakera.

Yet I do not suyus the center on weekdays. Copley all such things, and doing them in one fell swoop on Sunday, when the roads are much freer.

--img14--

Method №5: It is reasonable to choose a route

--img15--

Layfhaker regularly publishes articles on the navigator. Most Browsers are equipped with a function alerts about traffic jams. Some days it can save you hours of time and a couple of liters of gasoline.

By the way, my friends, would be great if you write in the comments your favorite service. I just look to the the topic.

--img16--

Method №6: On the highway, use cruise speed
Cruise speed - a speed at which the fuel consumption is minimal. Most often it is achieved at the latest when the transfer speed is 2-2, 5 thousand. / Min.

The more powerful a car is, the higher cruising speed. For my "zadohlika" Ford Fiesta (83 hp), this rate - about 90 km / h.

Increase speed cruising above will inevitably lead to an increase in consumption. How much? Take for example VAZ 2105:

80 km / h - 7 liters per 100 km
100 km / h - 11 liters per 100 kilometers.
Very often indicate a cruising speed in the service book of the car. Look, maybe you it is listed there.

--img17--

Method №7: Choose the right transmission

--img18--

As I said, the fuel consumption is minimal when the tachometer - 2-2, 5 thousand. / Min. Always try to choose a transmission to drive at these speeds.

Modern machines are sometimes installed special prompter that signals when to switch up or down. At the end of the trip such a machine may even expose you to the "assessment of Ecology».

If you have a machine, something to think about over the selected speed you certainly do not have to.

--img19--

Method №8: Choosing rubber

--img20--

Some bus fuel consumption more than others. The difference may reach 0, 5 liters per 100 km. Agree a lot?

Choosing a fuel-efficient tire, do not rely on the manufacturer's data, but real tests are carried out leading auto publications.

--img21--

Method №9: Do not put the wheel of larger radius
Many put on their cars wheels larger radius, for example, R16 instead of R14. Of course, we agree that the way the car looks "cooler»:

--img22--

But, unfortunately, have to pay for this increase in consumption.

How many?

Reliable data I found, but goes a belief that the 1 cm radius adds to the consumption of 1 liter per 100 km. A lot.

--img23--

Method №10: Correct tire pressure
I will not advise you to pump the tire. Yes, it will reduce the consumption, but at what cost? .. It makes more sense to pump them for upper limit recommended by the manufacturer.

At one site (the chips do not allow you to link, so that the example will not!) Says that the pressure drop 2, 0 kg / sq. cm to 1, 5 kg / sq. See leads to excessive fuel consumption by about 3%.

Keep up the pressure in their tires. Or pay a ruble.

--img24--

Method number 11: Buy a heated garage
Warm up the car in the winter is not easy, and while it is heated, burning precious fuel. Heated garage can solve this problem in the bud.

--img25--

Method №12: Get a discount card
You'll laugh, but I stopped by for years on the same gas station, and guessed there to issue a discount card only recently. It took me 5 minutes. Now, saving both 3% of each refueling. I am sure that most of the major networks have something like that.

--img26--

Bad way №1: Turning off appliances
Of course, if you turn off the air conditioning and the heat will sweat, the expenses decreased significantly (about 2 l / 100 km). Open a window - not an option. You remember that in this case will get worse aerodynamics of the car. "Driving" even once conducted an experiment: that guzzles more fuel - air conditioning or open windows. The life of me I can not remember the result. Write in the comments who also read this article, than all they ran.

In the same series off lights, music, heated seats.

I do not think that the best way to save. If we give up the comfort of the car, you have to go to the end and change to the bike.

--img27--

Bad way to №2: Movement "aeroteni" big truck
On the track can be attached firmly behind the crawling truck and go to her "aeroteni." It is said that you can save as much as 3% of gasoline.

I'd like to see someone who cares so much about the environment that he was ready for a long time "swallow" exhaust Kamaz. And the truck driver, I think, will not long tolerate such a "hare" and try to do something. And about the "tailgating" can be forgotten.

In short, the way for freaks.

--img28--

Bad way to №3: Additives for engine
I mean "miracle additives," which is poured into the tank or sump and that promise fuel savings. I once watched over this topic, but never has any one car publishing could not identify any meaningful savings.

For myself, I put an end to the subject. Or do you have a different experience? Write in the comments.

--img29--

Bad way to №4: Horseback "neytralke»
When the car is rolling downhill or coasting dokatyvayutsya a traffic light, you can put the gear lever in neutral. The car is no longer slow down the engine, which means that we save. Here's a theory.

Here (There was a reference, the chips do not allow you to link, so that the example is not!), However, it proved that even the fuel economy can not be achieved. At the same time riding on "neytralke" can be dangerous - at the right time, you will not be able to quickly get up to speed. This may be necessary, for example, in the event of a skid.

To tell the truth, I myself sometimes so I go. I will overcome!

--img30--

Bad way to №5: Purchase of electric or hybrid

--img31--

Electric vehicles have great benefits in some countries: tax relief in Japan and Norway, free parking space in London, dedicated lanes in the same Norway.

Owners of hybrids, electric vehicles and even more so - wonderful people that make our air cleaner. But recognize the successful purchase of an electric vehicle only as a means of saving money, I can not. Even in the US hybrid begins to pay for itself after only 90 000 km. I do not be surprised if in Russia it does not pay off at all. No more concessions, and the prices for these cars battened down to the skies.

--img32--

What are ways to save I missed?
Write in the comments!

Also I will be pleased with you laugh at bad ideas.

--img33--

Source: lifehacker.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting