11 quotes from the 100 films

What I mean is that the stars are not out of the blue. At first there was some good movie where you had to be lighted, the role I had to play, and all that is necessary - to say. Some phrases are cruise - they kept repeating. Of course, we do not have what they have: our lists and lists of bourgeois little not the same, but still sometimes cause for concern and what to see. The first 11 of the 100 greatest kinotsitat according to AFI (although I suspect that it is made more on the basis of money earned than artistic merit).

1. «Frankly, my dear, I do not give a damn.»
"Frankly, my dear, I do not care," Clark Gable, Gone with the Wind, 1939.
The book is considered a great national bestseller, and the film became the most grossing films in movie history and still continues to bring more money in the box office again. The film won 10 Oscars - strap that movies take so again in about 20 years. And of course there is a young, clever and all Vivien Leigh Clark Gable so beautiful - for the sake of which all actually up to. "I'll think about it tomorrow" and "Better get a bullet in the forehead, what a fool for a wife" - from the same place.

2. «I'm going to make him an offer he can not refuse.»
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can not refuse." Marlon Brando, The Godfather, 1972.
Great movie and even more great phrase. Marlon Brando, who liked to be removed pougovarivat literally fought for this role. Three Oscar debut of Sofia Coppola, the money for the studio (250 million at cost 6 million), thanks to the director, thanks to Marlon Brando, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, for the glory of Mario Puzo, who wrote all this. And the phrase has gone to the people.

3. «Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.»
"Toto, I have a feeling that we are not in Kansas anymore," Judy Garland, The Wizard of Oz, 1939.
Children's books, children's film ... remember only a song "Beyond the Rainbow" and the fact that this role has emerged Judy Garland.

4. «Here's looking at you, kid.»
"I look at you, kid", Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca, 1942.
"Casablanca" - one of the greatest films of all time, although pure soap opera: love, carrots, debt and nightmarish akkupatsiya. Three Oscar Americans to wipe tears and all time favorite movie reviewing. A second well-known phrase from the movie "In my opinion, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." A frazochka about the "usual suspects" served as the impetus for the creation of a completely dizzying movie with Kevin Spacey, which it says "And then - it disappears ..." Otpad!

5. «Go ahead, make my day»
"Go ahead, make my day," Clint Eastwood, an unexpected blow, 1983.
Or, "Sudden Impact." Strelyalochka with Clint Eastwood. The phrase became famous after the film actor (even then President) Ronald Reagan in a speech in which he threatened to veto the bill to increase taxes, it quoted the whole country. Americans giggled and went to watch a movie.

6. «All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up. »
"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for a closeup", Gloria Swanson, Sunset Boulevard, 1950.
Gloria Swanson actually - silent film actress. He became a star after participating in films Mack Sennett and Cecil DeMille (the ones who taught the Hollywood box office movies do). By itself, a very interesting business woman - has opened her own studio, has launched the first line of clothing under his own name, his life in parallel with the shooting to do business. Double regained star status - the second time after the movie "Sunset Boulevard," where she played as if herself - forgotten by all the old movie star. Hahaha - forgotten. Also known as one of the first ladies in Hollywood, fascinated by yoga.

7. «May the Force be with you.»
"Yes Force be with you," Alec Guinness, Star Wars, 1977.
Until now, I can not understand how film in the series - the first or the last I like more. Still, by Natalie Portman can not pass.

8. «Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night. »
"Fasten seat belts. It will be tough it is night. "Bette Davis, All About Eve, 1950.
Drama Theatre of the woeful life where all lies to get star status. It features not only an excellent director, and the general brightness of the action, but the main character - Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn, together with good reason has been recognized as the best actress of Hollywood. 14 Oscar nominations (a number of nominations was only "Titanic"), 6 Oscars.

9. «You talkin 'to me?»
"You said it to me?", Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver, 1976.
As you know, this is pure improvisation De Niro. Many, many times cited in other movies.

10. «What we've got here is failure to communicate.»
"Everything that we have - it's a failure in the attempt to establish contact," Martin rhinestones, Cool Hand Luke, 1967.
But this movie I have not seen, but for the time he was also listed as "Someone flew over the Cuckoo's Nest." People are killed in an attempt to break the system and everything. They say very inspirational film. We'll have to see, probably.

11. «I love the smell of napalm in the morning!»
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning", Robert Duvall, Apocalypse Now, 1979.
With regard to this film I have some vague memories. The film is based on Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness". Heart of Darkness - in Vietnam. Another brilliant role Marlon Brando, although the film uncut. "Condemns the murder of here, in this war, as senseless as the fine for speeding on Formula 1 racing" - from the same place.

Remains of the list can be found on Wikipedia.

Tags

See also

New and interesting