Babes in tiaras

What do you get when mixed bright makeup, tanning, false hair, and children? Get baby beauty contests, which are held in America since the 60s. For 4 seasons on cable channel TLC is super-successful reality show «Toddlers and Tiaras», which monitors the children and their parents in the process of preparation and participation in such competitions. Of course, in a society ambiguous attitude to children's beauty contests, as well as to children working in the modeling industry. Someone believes that children are exploited and forced her parents to endure such unpleasant and unnecessary procedures like plucking eyebrows, hair coloring and spray tanning. While a number of people believe that such competitions help develop the confidence and skills to the public, and that children who play sports or, say, dancing just as well wear makeup and costumes for inducing performances. My attitude is largely negative, as strange to see the child still in diapers, but with false nails, but let's all in good time.

Since the 60s the industry of children's beauty pageants became a profitable business with a turnover of a billion dollars a year. Now in America conducted 25,000 such competitions. Rules and criteria in different competitions may differ, but in general the judges look at the appearance, ability to behave, confidence and skills of participants. All the same as in adults - Competition swimsuits, evening gowns competition, talent competition, interviews and other competitions that are held in different age groups. The youngest member may be only 3 months (!). Of course, these babes are not dressed in suits and causing no color. It is difficult to imagine what criteria do we can judge a man who has not even understand what happens to him.

Parents with one voice declare that their daughters (and sometimes the sons) themselves gladly take part in competitions and it is good for them and they are learning to win and realize that they can achieve anything that they want. Of course, play a significant role prizes - electronics, toys, scholarships and grants, cash prizes, tiaras, sashes and trophies, which are often more participants themselves. Participation in competitions requires a great deal from their parents - travel, accommodation, besides the entrance fee to participate, which can range from 50 to several hundred dollars. Plus the services of professional make-up artists and hairdressers. In addition, all of the dresses and suits are made to order and their prices can be up to several thousand dollars. Some parents hire a professional coach, that he was preparing for the performance of their daughter. Of course, some families can not afford all of the above and do everything yourself.

I am sure that in the press and on television, of course, discussed the most egregious cases, and there are families in which parents do not put pressure on children and bring them up with the idea that they are not good enough in its natural form, and it really optional child. Yet half the mothers in my opinion wants to realize their personal aspirations through a child, and it's just nice to bring visitors into the room with trophies. As a rule, the participating mothers do not boast outstanding external data.

Nightmares with tan patch teeth for a Hollywood smile, well, when in the end the girl says, "I smile inside" I already want to cry.

Packet of sweets for Eyebrow waxing.

Given the nature of the Asian section of the eye, of course, is no good, so the girls have to train them to open wide.

Former member of beauty contests with two years daughter prepares to go in her footsteps. Indicative of a time when my mother says, "We will stop to do it in the day when she would say to me," Mom, I do not want to. " The girl said it only 5 times this video.

And here is how the competition swimwear.

In 2005, a study was conducted during which the subjects were 11 women who participated in a child beauty pageants, and 11 women who did not participate. Cravnivalsya body mass index, as well as satisfaction with themselves and their bodies. It turned out that contestant in a beauty less satisfied with their body, as well as experiencing problems with trust people. No differences in terms of eating disorders (e.g. bulimia), depression, or the level of confidence was not.

In any case, for small children there is a more worthy and useful occupation than to be a mix of live dolls and their pet parents, and better still to teach children to be friends, and not perceive all others as competitors.

Tags

See also

New and interesting