Record swim

US swimmer Diana NIBP, 64 years old, a multiple world record holder, became the first man to break the swimming distance of 166 km from Cuba to the United States without protective cells from sharks. I want to make three statements. First, we must never give up. Second, you'll never be too old to realize their dream. And, thirdly, swimming is a single sport, but you still need a team, "- said Diana.

This was the fifth attempt athlete who first tried to overcome so about 110 miles (177 km) 35 years ago. Unlike its predecessor, the Australian Susie Maron, swam across the Straits of Florida in 1997, protecting it from shark cage Nayad floated in a fully open water without the use of any technical adaptations and without fins.

Diana NIBP, welcomes the audience before the race. An experienced swimmer tries to overcome the fifth time the goal.

Diana points to the direction in which it will go.

"Even if it will three or four days before I see the shore, I will have the feeling that no one has ever had on this earth».

Diana jumps into the water from your swim. She said that this will be the last attempt.

A team of 35 people accompanied by Diana during swim across the ocean

Diana talks with members of his team for 2 miles off the coast of Key West.

Near the coast of Key West Diana accompanied kayakers.

Diana fans wait in Key West.

Diana swims to shore.

After 53 hours after the start of the swim she stepped on a sandy beach in Key West.

Enthusiastic fans greet athlete.

Dina and her coach Bonnie Table hugging on the beach in Key West.

Silicone mask that Diana wore to protect against jellyfish damaged her mouth and now the athlete is difficult to talk with fans.

Source: www.johntheking.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting