When my granddaughter asked me how we spent our time as children, I immediately remembered what games I loved to play in our yard.

Recently my granddaughter came to visit me and asked how we had fun as children. We didn’t have computers or phones. And how did we know where our friends were if we couldn't call them? I just smiled at her and decided to tell her. play. How much fun we had after school and summer vacation.

We had a big house and there were always many children of different ages in the yard. We always played together and everyone had fun. After lessons, while it was warm in autumn and early spring, we definitely played ball and rope, drew classics on the asphalt. On the weekends, when more people gathered, they necessarily played hide-and-seek. Everyone tried to come up with their own unique count, so no one else. I remember writing a counting book all summer so that in August, when I returned from the village, I would surprise my friends.

In the summer, most of us went somewhere. Some went to the camp, others to relatives at sea, others to their grandmother in the village. And there we also found company and played outdoor games on the street. I don't remember sitting at home at all. Even if it rained, we found the canopy and kept playing there. We couldn't be driven home. What was I supposed to do at home? Cartoons on TV went at a certain time, reading was also boring. We did not have such a variety of games and development as our grandchildren do now.

In the yard there was always a sound of children's laughter In every house there was a ball, a rope, a rubber band. All this was taken with him in the yard and everyone chose what he wanted more. We played knockout, edible-inedible with the ball. We jumped on the rope in a variety of ways. And not only girls, but also boys always took part in competitions. The sea is worried once, Ring, Handkerchief – how many interesting things we could come up with and each time we had fun. We played Crocodile and could show anything without words. Catch up, Cossacks robbers - it seemed we could run endlessly.

We didn't sit at home in winter either. Sledging, skating, skiing are all winter sports. There was always snow in the yard. Snow castles were built and each team protected its fortress. After the fight, as a sign of reconciliation, everyone made a snowman together. You came home looking like a snowman - there was snow in all parts of your body. But we hardly got sick and managed to do everything. There were many more hours in our day.

Different generations and different values And most importantly, we learned to communicate and negotiate. We had physical development and we were much more resilient. We learned that people can be different and react differently to words and actions. We went to the school of courage and the school of leadership. Therefore, in life we succeed more and endure hardships. Looking at my granddaughter who went to first grade, I don’t see her as independent. How will she find her stuff at school?

But at the same time, in her sevens, she is easily controlled with a phone, tablet and computer. She finds the right information, knows how to call her best friend or mother at work. When it is difficult, I turn to her for help. She gets it all done faster and easier. And I thought, maybe every generation has its own. We ran fast and were agile. And our grandchildren are rapidly embracing a parallel reality and are just as fast on the Internet. Probably, everything has its time and progress does not stand still, and we should move after it, and not remember how agile we were in childhood.

Tags

See also

New and interesting