The wedding was beautiful, we received so many pleasant wishes, but the holiday was overshadowed by the upcoming conversation with parents.

Every adult woman knows that if man does not want to marryGetting him to do that is almost impossible. Only threats and blackmail will help. More and more couples are choosing to cohabit without any interference from the state. The older generation is bubbling, of course, but nothing can change. Where are the traditions? Is it marriage if there is no evidence?

However, there are times when the cohabitation of a man and a woman may not look like such a bad idea. Especially when there is something to compare. Like a guest marriage. Never heard of that? This is when spouses live separately from each other and meet from time to time to maintain independence and avoid domestic conflicts. It’s all official, just, as they say, the style. Lifestyle.

My husband and I don’t live together. We are married recently and love each other very much. In our small town, the concept of “guest marriage” is new to everyone, as well as to my family. However, such marriages have a very long history and are not condemned throughout the cultural world. People understand that if someone decided to do this, there were reasons for it.

I lived with my parents until I was 27. Our living conditions allowed us to have a lot of people in the house. I didn’t feel cramped, I was always able to retire, even bring friends to a party. I couldn't hear anything from my side of the house, so like this. Two college degrees made me an eternal student. I always liked to study, and the remote work that appeared did not have to go to a rented apartment.

As an adult, I lived with my mom and dad in the same house. Although our front doors are different, we could only see each other once every couple of days. However, I always knew if they were at home and they knew if I was alone in the room. It doesn’t sound good, but you get used to it over time.

My fiancé, Max, lived across town. Sometimes I went to see him, he stayed with me for a while. He’s a musician and doesn’t bother with that. Eternal tours, tours and trips of his group made him a real nomad. And this style of life from him is unlikely to ever be erased. I love him as a person, don't think I'm some kind of fan, no. Although distant relatives to the last did not consider our relationship anything serious. I thought this man didn’t want to get married.

And then, after Max proposed to me on vacation, in a very romantic setting, my aunt and cousins were very surprised that I was inviting them to the wedding. They did not even hide their amazement and all meaningfully smiled, they say, the husband did. This man does not want to get married, not serious. How long will it be?

Peels for a long time. My wedding was quite lush, fun and not without surprises. So, two days before the celebration, I found out that I was in a position. She told her future husband and her parents. The others found out at the ceremony. So congratulations were over the roof. The only thing that choked me at my own party was the upcoming conversation with my mom and dad. Soon they will have to tell us about our decision to live apart.

You see, on the one hand, my husband is not the best roommate. He is 80 percent passionate about art and sees nothing else around him. He can rehearse, moose under his nose various melodies and songs, not realizing what is happening around. A passionate man, and there is nothing to do about it, he was always so, strange. However, it is with me that he is “normal.” At such moments he is very gentle, attentive and responsive. It was because of them that I had no doubts about the correctness of my answer when I told him yes.

On the other hand, I don't see us together all the time either. My parents are not getting younger, and I am a late child. Yes, they still manage together, but I think living in a big house without help will be hard for them over time. You have all the comforts in the apartment. There's a store or delivery nearby, just booze. A house in our neighborhood is a different conversation.

I don’t mind raising a child on my own. His father, by our calculations, will be with me at least a week a month. And in calm and all 3 weeks. I think that's pretty good. The solution of the financial issue also suits me quite well, the money should be enough for all needs, mine and the child. And above that. I only feel the negative from the outside.

My parents love me very much and their age will not allow them to objectively assess the situation and soberly look at things. For them, such marriage is pampering, deception. Not marriage at all. Well, at least they're calm and hate making scenes. My aunt is hysterical. Well, at least I don't care about her opinion. But mom and dad... It will be a blow to them, which is a shame, because I agree to a guest marriage and because of themselves.

In general, internally, I am not at all sweet. Pregnancy, non-traditional marriage, although for mutual love. A conversation with your beloved parents. I know it's going to be okay, it's going to be okay, but for now, I'm very scared to walk through that door. Surprisingly, a huge number of people do not live together because of work abroad and they are sympathetic. And in my situation with Max will be judged. Why are people so hypocritical? I wouldn’t be happy for the young family. I hope my mom and dad understand me, I hope so. Otherwise, I don't even know what will happen. At all.

Tags

See also

New and interesting