The winner of the contest “Miss Japan – 2024” was Ukrainian Karolina Shiino, scandal erupted

The year has just begun, and countries are already actively preparing for the upcoming competitions. One of the most significant events in the cultural, social and national life of the country is the Miss Universe contest. Each country selects participants internally, and only the best of the girls will go to the final competition. In 2024, the Miss Universe contest will be held in Mexico. To win the contest. "Miss Universe," contestants They must have not only beauty, but also intelligence, education, talents and strength of character.

In some countries, there are already beauty contests, including the local Miss Universe contest. Each country wants to show the beauty of its people, its nationality and uniqueness. That is why in most countries the selection of participants is very strict and only indigenous women can participate. At least that was until recently.

Today, almost every country can say that it is multinational. People of different nationalities and religions can live in any country. At the same time, society strives to create equal conditions for each resident of the country. Japan is considered one of the most advanced countries in the world. At the same time, Japan will provide all conditions for a normal life for any person. Perhaps that is why the jury of the contest “Miss Japan 2024” chose the finalist representative of non-Asian origin.

In recent days, a serious scandal broke out on the Network. After all, the winner of the national competition in Japan was Ukrainian. It became known that Karolina Shiino was born in Ukraine in the city of Ternopil. Today, the girl is 26 years old and she is a popular model in Japan. When she was five, her parents divorced and her mother married a Japanese man. Therefore, throughout her adult life, Caroline lived in Japan, studied in Japanese and since childhood absorbed the culture and history of Japan.

The girl considers herself a real Japanese. “When I was a child, I often had to deal with the fact that I was not like the other children. In my life, I have often encountered national barriers and discredit. I am grateful to the organizers of the contest “Miss Japan”, that it was here that I was recognized as Japanese, who I am both in language and in thought, – said Caroline on the stage of the competition. Her dream is to create a barrier-free society in which people are not judged by their appearance or nationality.

Many on social media disapprove of the jury's choice. References are made to the fact that in the world there is a Europeanization of appearance and no one needs Asian beauty. Any beauty contest is also associated with the geopolitical situation in the world. It is known that Japan supports Ukraine and helps to deal with the consequences of military actions. Perhaps in order to draw attention to the problems of Ukraine, Japan took such a step. But if you look closely at the appearance of Carolina, you can see that the way of life of the Japanese is reflected in her appearance. So it really matters where you live and how you think.

Tags

See also

New and interesting