Chestnut cookie recipe from an old notebook, childhood memories come back in a flash

Over the past few years, I have completely lost my craving for sweets: I do not want candy, cookies, or even cakes. Instead, I prefer salty snacks. But there's one dessert I just can't give up - homemade. Chestnut cookies. I have one thought about it lifts the mood: immediately want to throw the blanks in the oven and go put the kettle. Test do a lot at once, then bake in small portions - fresh "chestnuts" literally melt in the mouth, because they are made of sand dough.

What I like most about this cookie is that it has a lot of options. In itself, it looks quite simple. But if you throw it in coconut shavings, cocoa, sprinkle or just chocolate icing, you get a dessert that deserves to be a great gift on February 14, March 8 or just like that.

How to Make Chestnut Cookies

The secret of the unforgettable taste of this cookie lies in one ingredient. I would like to say that it is secret, but what a secret can there be? sand-dough How much better than fresh? The only difference is that in our case, the eggs must be boiled, and the yolks themselves grated. I don't know why, but it tastes better.

My mother-in-law taught me how to make this dessert, and my grandmother taught her. Where he comes from, I don’t know, but it seems to be many years old.

Cookie ingredients:
  • 200g butter
  • 5 eggs
  • 3 tbsp sour cream
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch
  • 10g vanilla sugar (1 bag)
  • a handful of nuts (anything better glazed)

Ingredients for fudge and sprinkle:
  • 100g butter
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tbsp cocoa
  • 30 ml of milk (or water)

Preparation:
  1. Leave the butter to heat up. room temperature. During this time, boil the eggs, remove the shell and separate the yolks from the proteins. Grate the yolks. For convenience, they can simply be rubbed with vanilla sugar.
  2. Mix the softened butter with fatty sour cream, yolks, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt.
  3. Stir the flour with baking powder and, slowly adding to the oily macse, mixes. spring-dough. Keep in mind that it shouldn't stick to your hands.

4. Divide the dough into 40 parts or into handy-sized balls. But this number is enough for four dozen “chestnuts”. Put a peanut in each one. You can use cocktail cherries or dried fruits instead of peanuts.
  5. Put the balls on the parchment and bake in the oven heated to 180 degrees 35 minutes. The dough should be a little brown. In principle, even in this way. Chestnuts. You can already serve tea.

6. While the dough is baked, do the glaze, or rather, the fudge. Mix butter, sugar, cocoa and milk in soteinka and, stirring, bring to a boil. Then dump the "chestnuts" in coconut shavings, cocoa or simply in powdered sugar. But then you will get white chestnuts. Any powder can be used if desired.

For a while now, I've been walking past the pastry department with a sense of inner superiority. I didn't look at him much before, and now the need for him is gone. Even if you need to bring something to tea, everyone is happy. Chestnut cookies. And they'll prefer it to any purchased curab or meringue. And to be honest, I'm not very good at baking. But the recipe is so simple that even I managed to catch on.

I also don’t like to spend a lot of time cooking. So when my hands reach the cookies, I do it right away. lot. I split it up, pack it in food wrap and put it in the freezer. On the day of cooking, I take out a piece of dough and, as soon as it thaws, form balls and send it to the oven. And to save energy, it is better to get the dough a couple of days before cooking and just shift it to the refrigerator shelf.

I hope you appreciate Chestnut cookies because I can’t imagine my life without them! I've heard there are other options at least. sand-cakeBut I haven't tried it yet. Any advice?

Tags

See also

New and interesting