The views of men all over the world these days is confined to Moscow: the Russian capital was attended by participants of the contest "Miss Universe" - 86 most beautiful girls in the world. November 9 will be the final competition, which takes place in Russia for the first time. For this event, we offer you a selection of very interesting and juicy details.
1. So, 9 November by a vote of judges will select the winner, who will receive the crown from Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culp from the US.
2. By the way, last year in the competition for the first time in 15 years, won the representative of the United States.
3. Russia is Elmira Abdrazakov, the winner of the beauty contest Miss Russia 2013. About 19-year-old Elmira, which stands among the main contenders for victory, we can say that this girl from the Siberian city of Mezhdurechensk read out poems, masterfully plays the piano, swims well.
"There are times when I look at myself and think - nice girl. And sometimes I look and think - my God, it's me! The most important thing - what's inside. You can change the appearance - you'll be a great beauty, but inside you will be empty ", - says participant Elmira Abdrazakov.
4. Beauty for centuries been the subject of controversy and contention, and "Miss Universe" this year - no exception. For example, the adult contestant - 27-year-old representative of Canada Riza Santos. She just managed to snatch victory from the hands of rivals, overtaking rival because of an error in the counting of votes at the national competition "Miss Canada".
5. Australia's Olivia Wells so loves filming "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo, which can quote every line from the musical.
6. Beauty of Kosovo Mirheta Shala, withdrew from the competition due to the fact that Russia does not recognize political independence of its country.
7. For the first time in the competition participates Azerbaijan, as is his 21-year-old Aysel Manafova.
Participants of "Miss Universe" is usually selected on the national beauty contests of the participating countries. However, this is not always the case. A participant of the contest in 2004 from Australia, Jennifer Hawkins was just selected by a modeling agency, and the Australian national competition was not carried out, because I believe strongly outdated ...
8. The actor, producer, head of TV channel Bravo, Andy Cohen, who was leading last year's contest "Miss Universe", refused to travel to Russia, as concerned for their safety. The reason for this reaction was the law banning the promotion of homosexuality among minors.
9. We also learned that the guest host the final of the beauty contest "Miss Universe - 2013" openly gay Thomas Roberts (pictured right) in protest against the intolerance of LGBT - community invited to co-host the show as his partner. "We need to be visible, we should go and how Harvey Milk said, we should" give them hope. " I'm going to prove that there is hope, "- he explained his decision to the American broadcaster.
10. A bit about the history of the competition, which has more than 60 years. After winning the contest "Miss America" in 1951 Yolande Betbeze refused to pose in swimsuits from the main sponsor. Then, in 1952, offended swimwear manufacturer founded an alternative American Miss USA competition and international competition "Miss Universe».
The competition was first shown on television in 1955. Until 1971, the competition was held in the US, but since 1972 it is held each year in a new country.
In 1996, the right to host the contest were bought Donald Trump (pictured from last year's competition kisses Olivia Culp).
11. Russia as a separate country participates in the competition since 1994. In 2002, the winner of the contest was "Miss Russia" Oksana Fedorova (see photo). However, she lost the title after being unable to fulfill all related duties.
12. In 2005, won Natalie Glebova, Miss Canada, who was born in Russia, Tuapse.
13. Geography of participating countries continues to expand. In recent years, joined by China, Albania, Vietnam, Georgia and other countries. In the "Miss Universe" can participate several times this year, as many as 5 contestants from Austria, Kazakhstan, Slovenia, Turks and Caicos and Myanmar will compete for the title for the second time.