I recently met a wonderful woman, already thinking about proposing to her, but there is one nuance that I can not decide.

The last 4 years of single life have not been easy for me: after almost 20 years of marriage, my wife and I decided that everyone is for himself. So when things started to get better on the personal front, I was in seventh heaven with happiness! Now, after almost a year of relationship, I'm thinking about proposing. She's a Ph.D., beautiful, a couple of years younger than me, and her figure is just a look. The adult daughter lives separately. But there's one little thing that keeps me busy. I know that people don't changeBut I don't give up hope that we can do something about it.

I hope you understand me correctly. I'm not one of those men who thinks a woman is a free housewife. It's not hard for me to wash dishes or vacuum, but everything has boundaries. The fact is that with cooking in our relationship there is complete lawlessness. I would say this is a real disaster...

Is there hope in this relationship, or are people not changing?

I'll tell you how I was left alone. When the children left for school, my ex-wife and I stopped communicating or even sleeping together. We called it good-neighbourly relations until we came to the conclusion that this could not continue. It was hard to start a clean slate, because in the old house I left almost everything. But the hardest part was me. cooking.

I’m probably 45 years old, but I learned to cook a little bit after my divorce. For a long time I ate only sandwiches and dumplings. I learned how to make pasta in the Navy and for a few months only ate them, until they finally fed me. If not canteenIf I was twenty feet away from my job, I would probably starve to death. And to prepare something serious for myself, I did not see the point.

When we met Xenia, we realized we had a lot in common. For example, she doesn't like cooking either. The fact is that her daughter is allergic, so my chosen one had to cook separately for 17 years: for family and daughter. By the way, she's long divorced. And since her daughter doesn't live with her, she doesn't cook at all. It must be something. trauma. At first I thought it would not be a stumbling block, but I was wrong.

We've been dating for a year now and we've learned to live in two houses. I always have some semi-finished products in the fridge, the same dumplings and dumplings. I can quickly cut sandwiches and even, as it is now fashionable to call, pasta Bolognese (although for me it is still the same pasta in the fleet, just with tomato paste). But when we come to Xenia's house, she always has a ball rolling.

Unsplash No, let me, I do not feel sorry for food. I will be happy to buy everything I need! But someone will have to cook it later, and she will not. No matter how much I ask her, no matter how much I hint. "You want to eat?" Then cook it yourself, that’s all. I'd love to cook something delicious, but I can't. I can fix the car, I can make furniture and even change the wiring. I can't cook! No matter how hard I try, it doesn't taste good.

You may be wondering what she eats in my absence. That worries me a lot, too. Ksenia eats mostly some yogurt, can safely dinner (they are also sold as snacks), go to a cafe on the way home or buy a sandwich during a work break. She doesn’t eat or eat anything outside the home. Maybe that's why she's so slim. But personally, I can't have dinner with raisins and walnuts, even if they're with yogurt.

Sometimes we order delivery: some pizza or sushi on holidays or weekends. But it's just impossible to eat like that. It's not that it's not always useful, it's just not affordable.

The rest of Xenia is simple. fairytaleI feel ashamed sometimes that I secretly dream of goulash or freshly brewed borscht. I dream of homemade food at night, I miss it so much. But I can’t do anything about it, because Xyusha made it clear that she was not going to touch the stove. I have already had several arguments with her about this.

And yet I love her. And I think he's resigned. Walking past jewelry stores, I don’t miss the moment to look at the engagement rings, but postpone everything. I'm worried about this cooking issue. I keep hoping that the expression "people don't change" It's not true, and I'll be able to get Xenia to at least teach me how to cook. The problem isn't that she can't. She just doesn't want to!

I would even go to cooking courses, but there is no time at all. I'd like to work here instead of taking classes. In general, both laughter and sin, as they say. What do you think? Do I have a chance at borscht or should I wait for an offer? I'm hungry, I'm exhausted!

Tags

See also

New and interesting