When I called a colleague on a date, she warned me that she would come with her daughter, and I agreed without thinking.

Parents, normal parents, are well aware that caring for children is not just a given or a tradition. Not just procreation, but real work. Work on yourself, on the child. It’s like being a psychologist, a doctor, a babysitter, a friend, and at the same time managing to go to a real job, where they give money from time to time. Only in such conditions can you hope that your son or daughter will grow up. caregiverHe will treat his parents with respect and love.

But you should not forget about education. This is a very important point that puts a lot in place in the future. When you raise your children, they will grow up like that. Many people are afraid to enter other families with children. They think that someone else’s child will never love the stepfather, no matter how well he treated him. Well, that's too bad. And the story of our reader is a direct proof of this.

My generation often swears at young people, as if they are now some kind of especially spoiled. And each time the same thing: they behave, they say, disgusting. Loud, noisy. There is no book to read or self-educate. There are no libraries, but there are plenty of clubs. And what they are doing there is even a shame to say, not that in our time. And so on, and all in the same steppe. In short, not the youth, but the punishment.

I don't agree with them completely. I’ve always believed that the age difference between generations is all that matters. And if you figure out what to do, then young people can learn a lot. The same vaunted libraries, for example, are nothing compared to the Internet. You can spend a whole day looking for the right book or spend a second of time online to find the right information for yourself. What even more gives me the right to praise young people is the personal story that happened to me.

I got divorced at a very young age, at 38. As it happened, they did not agree on characters. They didn’t even have children, because we all knew that our marriage was going to break up. Come on, we're not the first, we're not the last. By the way, somewhere during this period I changed my job. I wanted to work in the office, head. So that stupid thoughts do not get involved, and you can get distracted in this way very well. Start building a career, for example.

After a year of work in a new place, I met a nice girl, a little younger than me. We went for coffee a couple of times and found common topics to discuss. We had a good time. Until one of my colleagues once asked if I wanted to curry favor with the boss. At first I did not understand his question, but then I was told that my new friend, it turns out, is the daughter of our boss. Divorce. And that many of them had already driven wedges to it, but it ended not in the best way. I replied then that we have a relationship “to talk cleanly”, but for myself I made some conclusions.

However, after a few months, I still could not resist and invited my dear friend to the rendezvous. Yeah, I was lonely. And why not? Adults, what does it matter what Dad thinks? We are not students, we can take care of ourselves. But Karina said no. She said she was busy after work and there was no room for entertainment in her life. There's a lot to do. But I didn’t give up, and then she asked me if I would mind if she came not alone, but with a child. The girl is 8 years old.

At that moment I reacted very quickly to the situation and, without blinking an eye, agreed. But closer to the date, I was a little scared. So it turns out she has a baby. Dad's a big shot, too. I'm too bold to look at myself. Then he came to the best place he could. Flowers and sweets. We had a great time, walked in the park and even stopped for rides. I never thought that other people’s children could cause me positive emotions.

A year later, Karina and I got married. Yeah, we did it. I’ll tell you right away, I never became a small boss at my job. In fact, I also had a lot of responsibility. I should have thought about it right away if Karina herself was a colleague of mine, not a deputy director or something like that. The father-in-law does not bear the spirit, and, I think, he is one hundred percent right in this.

The only thing I was worried about was Alain. The wife's daughters from her first marriage. She's a smart girl, of course. I was convinced of this at our very first meeting. But still. She continues to communicate with her father. Of course, he can turn the child against me. There's a new man in the house. Why would she be okay with me? So I’ve even read a few articles about it: how to make friends with your stepdaughter.

Things didn't go very smoothly at first. Alena was not against me, but did not perceive me as a new father at all. I didn't ask for it. It would be enough to communicate like an older friend. Or someone you know. The main thing is without negativity and quarrels. And we came to that after a few years. The word "dad" in my direction did not sound, but "Uncle Slavik" suited absolutely. We communicated normally without my mother’s presence, I often took her from school, took her to different clubs. Anyway, family.

There. It’s been another 5 years and I’ve been in trouble. The adrenal problem. An urgent operation was needed in Germany, and this is not cheap. My wife and I scraped a little from the family budget, gave something to my father-in-law. Of course it is. The money was enough not to go broke at all, but also not to make any serious purchases for the next year or two. It's kind of a feeling, to be honest, when you, a man, become a new household expense item.

Peels Alena and I did not talk about this until the last. But when it became impossible to hide the cat in the bag, I had to share the news. And that day my daughter surprised me and my wife very, very much. She said without much emotion that she wanted to help her side too. And she showed us an account on her Internet account that had about a thousand dollars. I was allowed to take them all.

It turned out that the “stupid” videos that she recorded with friends for one of the popular social networks, bring good money. You advertise a fashion brand and it sends you a lot of money if your ads are popular enough. Can you imagine? And at their age, we did not dream of such amounts!

I gave her that money after the surgery as fast as I could. I had to wait a while for the chief's debt, but he understood. I'm healthy now. And I feel great. My attitude towards young people has been the most positive since then. After all, think about it, my father-in-law lent me some money, but with a refund. And Alena gave everything she had without any guarantees. How many of your friends are capable of this? And my example speaks for itself!

Tags

See also

New and interesting