I can't stop thinking about what happens if my mother-in-law goes down and I have to take care of her.

It’s no surprise that few people today want to. help. This is how man is made, his inner ego. Going to buy a bunch of greens from an old woman or carrying heavy bags to the entrance is one thing. But to take care of a lying old man who is not yet known in his mind? Exactly.

Therefore, it is difficult for us personally to condemn someone who does not want to do this, especially in their spare time. We write a woman who is worried that she is waiting for just such a fate: caring for an infirm patient. And even thinking about it already causes wild stress. Whether or not to condemn it is not up to us. All we can do is share her thoughts and inner fears with you.

Recently, I am very worried about the fact that I have to deal not with family affairs and the upbringing of a five-year-old son, but with the care of my mother-in-law. And my feelings are only getting stronger every day. I even began to notice that I was losing weight and the comb began to clog my hair more and more. Apparently, the body is already responding.

My mother worked as a nurse at the time. And this work turned her, a cheerful woman, full of strength, into a constantly nagging groan. Without a hint of past beauty and energy. Don’t think it’s been a long time since she’s grown old. Not at all, a year. Just one year. Who stole her very essence and vitality.

I have a very ordinary family: me, my husband and a small child. My husband is always on business, earning money. I'm doing the housework and raising my son. Overall, I'm fine. We do not live in poverty, although we do not get stars from heaven. We save money for repairs and rest. It's like everybody else. But there's a problem.

Peels is my father-in-law. She's not feeling well, and obviously her health will only get worse with age. Ever since I met her, she hated me. I suspect because my husband is her only son and she would certainly like him to find some other girl. To be the mistress and daughter of millionaires. That's okay.

The problem is that one day she will not be able to get out of bed, and someone will have to take care of her. My husband, as I said, is not home very often. Hiring a person will not work, because the prices for their services have gone astronomical. Our budget won't last long. So I'll have to make her soups and take out the pot. My mother-in-law.

I’m not a squeamish person, probably every mother will understand what I mean. But it’s one thing for your child and another for an older woman who hates you. Besides, I really look at things. This is not a case where there is hope that the mother-in-law will change, accept me and we will reconcile. No, she'll curse me while I spoon-feed her.

I can't help it. If even thinking about such a fate causes me stress, then I will not do it, I know for sure. Talking to my husband didn’t lead to anything. He has only excuses. On the one hand, he advises me not to think about it at all, and when I do get it, he says that he will earn more to get enough for a nurse. Yes, the son will eat less, so his mother will be comfortable.

I wish my child was old enough. I would love to talk to him like a son. Because I think I have no choice but to take active measures. I love my husband and treat him well, but if he does not understand me, does not want to listen, then I will not be in debt. You just have to decide and get as serious as possible.

Either now or later, when my mother-in-law does, I plan to file for divorce. I'll take my son, move to a rented apartment. I've already counted how much money the two of us spend each month. I don't need anything, but I have a little money. Alimony should be enough to rent some accommodation. It's okay, we'll bear it.

I am still young, so I can find a job, and meet someone I will not have problems. This is my first marriage, so at 36 I’m not going to give up. Husband, let him do what he wants. If he thinks that his wife is just a disenfranchised worker who can be used as he pleases, he is mistaken.

I really wouldn’t mind, for example, going to work myself, making more money. Perhaps I would like it, the home routine gets boring very quickly. But then there will be no one left with his son. That leaves the most desperate solution. I see no other way.

That’s how the problem, even its echo, makes people make such difficult decisions. If a woman does not see herself as a nurse for her mother-in-law, she will do everything not to become one. What would you do in her place and why? It would be interesting to know another point of view, with your arguments and arguments. We invite you to comment, where you can express your point of view and, perhaps, change someone’s thoughts in a completely different direction.

Tags

See also

New and interesting