My husband's dad has been living abroad for many years, and I thought he'd give us an apartment for the wedding.

There is an old saying: if you want to know what the bride will look like in the future, look at her mother. We don't vouch for its truthfulness, but we do wonder if it works for men. Is it right that fiancé Is this the groom after a few decades? It would be interesting to know.

Our reader is also very interested in what her father-in-law is, because they still do not know him. The wedding took place without him, but we are already getting ahead. You will learn all the necessary information from her own words.

After three years of relationship, I finally got married. We are both in our thirties and I believe marriage is once and for all. Some of my friends advise me to relax and take things easier, but I disagree. Misha and I love each other and want to create a strong family. This means that it is time to end childhood habits and become serious people.

Over the past year, I’ve stopped talking to a lot of people. In oblivion went friendship with some frivolous acquaintances and people who always have a holiday in life. It’s convenient when you’re in school or even college, but not when you’re in your fourth decade. The phone numbers and social media accounts of all my former boyfriends have been forgotten. I don't need any backup options, which means down with the past.

Michael also followed my example. But he did not want to part with some friends, but rather acquaintances. All right, male companionship, I get it. I don't know what you can talk about for hours over a foam mug, and every Friday I hate it. Let them see you every two weeks or better once a month.

I also had my own specific wedding plans. The only thing the couple lacked was a separate home. The apartment we lived in all these years was rented and we paid a very decent amount for it every month. And for what? It would be better to get a mortgage, so at least it was useful.

My parents live in another city, and they have no extra money. That's why they didn't come to the wedding. Unfortunately, moving would have been expensive, they had nowhere to stay, so we decided to do this. No offense or anger, and we fully accepted their decision.

My mother-in-law is divorced, but feels very well. She even got herself a date 20 years her junior.

I don't know why my husband's parents broke up, but Misha says none of them suffer from it. I am personally against families falling apart. But no one is interested in my opinion on this issue, so I decided to keep it to myself. Especially since the mother-in-law with all her appearance shows how well she lives, and I have not yet seen my father-in-law personally.

The problem is that he is abroad. I moved there right after the divorce. He moved the business to another country and, according to rumors, only got richer. I talked to him on the phone for a few minutes and he seemed like a nice, well-mannered person. He asked me if my wife was abusive and if my son was obedient. I also joked a lot.

So they both got their invitations to our wedding, of course. I would welcome any gifts from relatives, but based on the needs of our family, I expected some real estate. After all, this is the most important, the most necessary help for any young couple. But it was different.

A few days before the wedding, Mishin’s father called and said that he would not be able to fly to his son’s wedding. His plans changed at the last minute, and business did not allow him to leave even on such a serious occasion. He apologized and promised to come as soon as he had the chance. What can you do, business?

That day we invited some witnesses to come to the painting, and my mother-in-law was there too. Since this morning, this woman has barely stood on her feet. She was not just cheerful, but kind of unbridled and especially active. She constantly demanded to take a picture with us near memorial sites and quarreled on the phone with her new gentleman.

Closer to the evening, when everyone had already settled down in one cozy restaurant and started having fun, I called my parents via video link. Showed them we were doing well, got their blessing, even cried with them a little. Ten minutes later, my mother-in-law suddenly remembered that she never gave us her gift. Therefore, under the ringing of glasses, she brought us some chewed envelope in which a lonely banknote of the well-known foreign currency was orphaned. One hundred dollars. No more, no less.

I was so shocked that I thought maybe it was a joke. Some of our friends gave us more. But, as it turned out, the mother-in-law was serious and preferred to let her only son go into independent life only in the company of her “wise” instructions and a sum of money that would barely be enough to pay her average check in the restaurant. What a shame.

As I said, I don’t know my father-in-law personally yet. But for some reason it seems to me that the groom's father is a normal man and will not leave his son and wife to vegetate in a rented Khrushchev. Now I understand why he decided to hide from his wife on another continent, I would probably do the same.

I wonder when he will arrive, and is it correct that Mishin's dad will not stingy and buy us a decent apartment? I used to say that I don’t care if it’s another $100 or even without an envelope. But now that I’m an adult and I’m getting married and I’m preparing for our family to grow and develop, my views have changed. And in general, we have a whole life ahead of us, who better than us to think about separate housing?

Tags

See also

New and interesting