If you had to buy old and hard asparagus, do not rush to throw it away, just take a vegetable peel.

I finally found out this year. How to cook green asparagus. Honestly, I didn’t buy it before because I regretted the money. As soon as the season begins, this beauty immediately appears on the shelves. But the price often bites. This time I decided not to deny myself anything. We live once!

I learned about the intricacies of cooking both young and old green asparagus. I am in a hurry to share all the wisdom with you!

Asparagus is easy to prepare, but spoiling it is also very simple. First of all, you need to understand what product you are dealing with. At the height of the season on the shelves sell young and juicy asparagus. Having bought just such asparagus, it is enough just to wash it, and then fry or bake it.

Besides, I read that asparagus roots need to be broken. Like, break off the driest part, not suitable for cooking. However, practice shows that this raw material is valuable. So what I did was I broke the roots, then I cleaned them with vegetable peels, shredded them and threw them into stewed vegetables. Waste-free production!

Distinguishing young asparagus from old is very simple. The thinner the asparagus, the younger it is, and vice versa. On old asparagus may be shoots with seeds. In addition, young asparagus should not have any foreign smell.

If you are still unlucky and there is an old asparagus at home, do not rush to throw it away. First, break the tips. Secondly, arm yourself with vegetable cleaning and “shave” the product, removing the green skin from the stems. Thus, you will remove the hardest part, and the asparagus itself after cooking will be juicy and soft. It's so simple!

There are several types of asparagus: white, green and purple. My colleague Anastasia Chubar told me the difference between them and which one is better to choose. I am sharing a useful article by link.

My experience cooking asparagus I cooked asparagus in different ways and came to the conclusion that fiddling with cooking and baking is a very long time. I'm telling you everything in order. I read from Evgeny Klopotenko that it is ideal to throw asparagus in salted boiling water for exactly 1-2 minutes. And then it needs to be removed into the ice water so that it stops cooking. That's enough to get a crispy snack.

I didn't like this dance with tambourine, so I decided to bake asparagus. That's not a bad idea if you're going to bake asparagus in bacon. It is also important that the asparagus is the same thickness, otherwise some stems will cook faster and others slower. In general, the method is not bad, but to mess with it for a long time.

First you need to warm up the oven, so still wait up to 10 minutes for asparagus to bake. It is much easier to simply fry the product in butter for 5-6 minutes. The perfect combination is asparagus and garlic. And at the end, before serving, it will not be superfluous to squeeze lemon juice on the stems. Fingers are good!

If you are ready for more refined experiments in the kitchen, I recommend reading the material prepared by my colleague. There you will find three recipes of dishes with green asparagus. Like fragrant ramen with asparagus. Would you try that?

Tell me, do you like green asparagus? What dishes do you cook with this product?

Tags

See also

New and interesting