My mother gave me disturbing news, I am feeding my lady, and I think only of my own old lady.

Taking care of Mom It involves showing attention, support and participation in her life. It does not matter at what age the child is ten or fifty. It is quite a natural desire to help a native person, which has developed in us throughout our history. And different, infrequent exceptions are only confirmation of this fact.

However, one of the trends of the modern world is that more and more young people are being burdened by their own parents. Technology is advancing and young people have no time to connect with their families. As a result, they distance themselves from mom and dad, without realizing it. What to do, the frenzied rhythm of life and huge competition make themselves felt very well.

When, twenty years ago, my best friend suggested that I go to work with her, I could not even imagine how long this work could take. At the age of 35, I felt young and energetic, but I didn’t have enough money. The day before, I divorced my drinking husband, his hands wide open. So my little daughter Katya and I had nothing left but endless debts.

Well, at least my mom volunteered to help. She lived in an old but well-kept house. She farmed chickens, geese and a couple of goats. The garden provided additional income. Not rich, of course, but she managed to take care of her granddaughter, for which I am very grateful.

Having made sure that the two closest people to me were not lost, I went with Zina on the road. At that time, going into the unknown while talking on the phone was impossible. Video communication was very expensive and completely poor quality, so I had to guess how my dear ones are doing there.

When work began, it was very difficult. I wanted to get away with it and not think about my mother and daughter. But it was really bad. My first job was pretty monotonous. A friend and I were put to do dishes in a big restaurant. Of course, we were given gloves, chemistry and a special hose that washed everything professionally. But standing on your feet all day in one position is difficult in itself.

A few weeks later, I was able to talk to my mom in a few words. They were fine and I calmed down. When I was transferred to the kitchen, I was almost happy. It turned out that my knowledge from the culinary school was enough to sit and just peel vegetables. The job is far from prestigious, but it was much better and easier to wash endless plates.

I spent more than five years in this job. Can you imagine? But it gave me the opportunity to hook up in that country, to rent an apartment, and to use the Internet connection, which at that time was not and close as developed as now. It saved me a lot of gray hair. After all, I could see my daughter and mother and find out how they were doing.

Time passed and everything changed. I changed a few jobs, even found something I liked. I began to send money home, considering that there is no reason to postpone them abroad. Mom transferred everything to a bank account. Some of them and their daughter Vika spent on living, and some were saved for buying housing. I wanted a big house to live together. This is how families lived in another country. And, to be honest, I was completely impressed.

But not everything was so smooth and I began to notice that my daughter is growing up, and my mother, on the contrary, is getting older. They've had generational conflicts, quarrels and so on. Vika couldn't understand my mother, who was much older. My mother adhered to her principles and beliefs. The future groom caused her fear and distrust. While my daughter was very serious.

After the wedding, which I could not come to, we decided to buy a house. There was not enough money for the full amount, so the young people needed to take a loan. However, it didn’t change anything for me and I kept working away from my family. A week and a half ago, I once again talked to my mother about all sorts of nonsense, and then she mentioned one small “news”.

My daughter, her husband and mom lived in a house they bought with my savings. Everything was as I planned. But as it turned out, I did not know all the details. The daughter and son-in-law began to actively engage in repairs on the second floor. We bought furniture, pasted wallpaper, everything as we wanted. And on the first floor, where my mother lived, everything was still like before the purchase. She's an old man, over 80. I can't stand raw.

Well, she said that it would probably be easier for her to move into her old house and not disturb the young. They have their own lives, and their mother will be a burden. Imagine my surprise. Every floor of the house I bought has a bathtub and toilet. They are two apartments, one above the other. Grandma doesn't bother anyone. So why not repair it, including, and not just think about your fifth point?

The next day I contacted my daughter and son-in-law. Find out what the reason for their behavior is. They just shrugged their shoulders and said that they wanted to make the first repairs, because they knew exactly how to arrange everything. My grandmother and I probably have different tastes. They were waiting for me to come. You know, they built their second floor at my expense. The son-in-law, unfortunately, is from the current generation, which is not used to trying to earn an extra penny.

I've lost my peace since then. I can't sleep or eat. Work is all about mom. I'm feeding my lady, and I'm only thinking about my mother. How will she live in the old house?

Now I just want to go back. In your own, self-built house. Make renovations on the ground floor and live with your elderly mother. And let the loan be paid by the daughter and son-in-law. They go to work all the time, they do something. They must have some savings. They don’t even think about children, so they only have extra money for personal expenses. It's time to put an end to this.

It took me one time to understand what I had turned my daughter into. What care can she give me if, God forbid, something bad happens? She lived with her grandmother most of her life. And that's how she feels now. I never thought it would come to this, but I'm not giving her a penny again. She's a grown, married woman. Let him live according to this status. It's time for my mom and I to rest. There's enough money from my stash for that, I'm telling you for sure.

Tags

See also

New and interesting