Mom flatly refused to sacrifice her comfort for her granddaughter, I decided the question in my own way.

If you put all the social and financial issues aside, seniorityThey often lie within themselves. Yes, no matter how cruel it may sound, but with age, both wisdom and shortsightedness can come to a person. Also, a change in character. Retirees do quite often turn into grumpy people who just need to make a scandal, for example, in public transport.

These words are not ours, but so says our reader, who faced the problem of normal coexistence with her own mother. Women cannot come to a common denominator, which means that they are constantly in a state of conflict. How did life lead them to this? Now she'll tell you all about it.

Hello, I want to share my problem. The thing is, my mom doesn't want to meet our family, although it's hard to imagine a more appropriate situation where this could be done. She is an elderly woman who has lived and seen a lot. What else would you want? But no, ambitions are there too.

I'm 47 years old, Virgo, divorced. Nadia, my daughter, is studying, I am working. I don't think it's that specific. But time passes and everything changes a little. That's how my daughter and I started our hard days. I could no longer control her as she was an adult. And she couldn't bring friends and friends to her - not children anymore, you know.

We discussed everything and came to the conclusion that this issue should be resolved. I don't want to fight an only child, and she's not happy about it either. But living conditions and routine make themselves felt. I’ve learned that since I was married. Believe me, the modest footage of the apartment will make you unhappy, no matter how you deny it. Even zoo animals have their own standards of personal space.

After revealing herself, Nadia told me that she has a young man, Vanya, who has similar problems. I mean, he hasn't moved out of his parents yet. The guy works, so he can even afford to rent an apartment where the two of them would be happy. But, on food and everything else will have to save, the daughter is still just getting a higher education.

I accepted her aspirations positively. Indeed, they begin their adult life. It's such an inspiring period. Yes, and Vanya is good if you are willing to give all the salary for both of them. I consider that a commendable aspiration. I have access to the internet and I know what young people are breathing. Sometimes it’s just that my mother is dear.

That’s when I decided it was time for me to turn to my mother. She's a pensioner, an old man. Every day more and more demands attention. It would be a good time if I moved in with her. It's more fun to spend days together. And you're not alone like most old people. What's the plus?

But she thought otherwise. After listening to all my arguments, she refused. She's a widow, not married for 20 years. A couple of years ago, I met a man my age. The soul in him does not hate, everything tells how well he is, a master of all trades and how he loves his granddaughter. And I consider him an old crook and a liar.

You see, he and his mom don't want to live in anything. He comes a couple of times a month and then comes back. He says he can’t stay long without his granddaughter, and his daughter is offended if he’s not in the house. So she and her mom are having a school affair. And this is against the background of the fact that my daughter found a guy who, on the contrary, is ready to plunge into family life.

Peels If mom goes for principle, so will I. You know, she's the kind of person who can ruin everyone's mood for nothing. To prove something to ourselves. Or just for fun, I don't know. In the tram, she will stand over the student to give way to her, although there are plenty of free seats around. Or the pharmacy will cling to the seller, using any pretext. Just out of harm's way.

So, you see, I'm inherently predisposed to this kind of behavior, too. But I can restrain myself, thank you, Dad. But if you have to stand up for yourself a little... We have to act. That's what I did. My mother lives in the apartment where I live. Which means I can do whatever I see fit. Like moving.

The problems of the elderly, which I actually did. It was pretty quick, I have to say. I don’t have many things, I’m usually at work or just going to bed. I took a lot of food and packed the refrigerator with it. There's a sofa, there's plenty of room in the closet. What else does a woman at my age need?

My mom doesn't talk to me anymore. And I understand why. But I'm sacrificing our relationship for her granddaughter's future. Is it that hard? After all, we all live for children and grandchildren, for the sake of development and procreation. Besides, trust me, I'm not stopping her too much. I'm just coming over for the night. I am a human being, not a monster.

By the way, the master-on-all-arms and beloved grandfather no longer comes. Said he had a lot to do and didn't have time to visit his mom. Imagine how busy pensioners have become, that they do not even have time to maintain a long relationship. Miracles and nothing.

What kind of relationship my mother and I will have in the future, I don’t know. Time will tell. So far, yes, things are not as rosy as they could be. But I believe that we will overcome it. Not strangers, after all.

Tags

See also

New and interesting