When I was in high school, I was tired of math, and now I can’t stop solving the most difficult examples.

“Who needs it at all?” a frustrated schoolboy sometimes asks himself when he cannot solve another mathematical example. And indeed, it may seem that all these wisdoms in life will not be useful and that there is no point in studying them. Although the solution of mathematical tasks accurately brings benefits, it develops logical thinking, creates a solid basis for studying other subjects.

Today's edition. "Site" Ask readers to decide three quizzes. Here, a huge number of Internet users make annoying mistakes. Check how well you remember the school curriculum. Do you still have the basic rules of mathematics?

Interesting problems in mathematics
  1. In the first example, there are only sevens, but this does not make the search for a solution simple, and even confuses the reader. Try to understand what arithmetic operations should be performed first to find the right answer.

2. To solve the second example, you will have to recall those lessons in mathematics, which were taught to work with fractions. Although here we have decimal fractions, which simplifies the task somewhat. But will everyone be able to understand without mistakes?

3. In the last example, there are brackets, and they are the ones that complicate everything. However, such an obstacle will only be amused. And he will easily get out in this situation. Can you fix this without a hitch?

Tips and answers
  1. There are no brackets here, so everything is pretty simple. First perform division and multiplication, and then take on addition and subtraction. Therefore 7 + 7 ÷ 7 + 7 × 7 - 7 = 7 + 1 + 49 - 7 = 50.

2. Dividing by 0.5 is the same as multiplying by 2. And multiplying by 0.5 is the same as dividing by 2. Therefore, our example soon becomes quite understandable: 50 × 2 - 50 ÷ 2 = 100 - 25 = 75. 313777

3. Immediately first deal with the brackets, and then you will have to perform arithmetic operations from left to right. Therefore, our example takes the form: 9 ÷ 3(1 + 2) = 9 ÷ 3 × 3 = 3 × 3 = 9.

Share your decisions in comments with other readers. Also try to solve more complex mathematical examples that we published recently. And also evaluate your ability to think logically in trying to solve tricky puzzles.

Tags

See also

New and interesting