What inappropriate parental rules you had to follow as a child

Each family has its own methods of education. Rules and prohibitions for children. But sooner or later, children grow up, fall into society and begin to overestimate the prohibitions of their parents. Editorial "Site" I have gathered for you on the Internet features of family education. These are the stories of ordinary people who live among us. And who became adults and independent, perhaps in part because of the rules of their parents.

We want to share with you real stories of people who experienced very strange situations in childhood. There are no limits to human fiction.

My mother carefully controlled the amount of shampoo I used to wash my hair. I did not want to cut my long hair, so I had to manage to wash it with the amount that my mother gave out in a measuring cup. Hair conditioning is strictly forbidden.

I only had to return home from school before sunset. In spring and autumn it was still real, but with the arrival of winter it became simply an impossible task.

In our family, we were not allowed to miss the movie that my mother is watching. If she saw the movie, we all had to join her. If one of the children fell asleep while watching a movie or TV show, they were woken up and had to make coffee for everyone as punishment for falling asleep.

No salt in our house was offered only to guests. In our daily lives, we ate completely fresh food. Adding spices or seasonings is strictly forbidden. It really hurt the culinary feelings of mom and dad.

My strongly religious parents forbade me to read or watch Harry Potter. They said it was all from Satan.

When I was in school, I had to live according to my schedule. I had the whole day painted almost minute by minute. In the evening, I had to report to my mother about the work I had done. After graduation, I went to university and thought I could live freely. But the mother called every night and demanded a report. After two years of training, she felt like I was lying to her and I had to go home. I continued my distance learning under her strict supervision. It wasn't until I found a job and was able to move out of it that this nightmare ended.

No Lego! I never bought a Lego, even when I was a kid. And when I went to visit friends, I was instructed not to take details even in my hands. It happened after my grandmother stepped on one detail while visiting my cousin.

Peels Strange Rules I was forbidden to go on dates I went on my first date when I was 20. There I met my future husband, we signed and started living together.

I couldn't close the door to my room. The concept of personal boundaries in our family was completely absent. The mother could come in at any time and would always resent me if I asked her to come out.

I always had to get up at 8 a.m., even on weekends and holidays. Sleeping longer was considered lazy and selfish. The bed should be perfectly lined immediately after waking up.

My parents had a strange phobia of gadgets and electrical appliances. They shouldn't have been in my room. They wouldn’t even use a laptop to help me with my school assignments. And every week, on one weekend, my phone was taken away to prevent and read my messages.

We were not allowed to take glasses or cups outside the kitchen. If a cup was found in a room, the punishment was severe. The dishes had to be washed immediately.

Peels Children's memory is the most tenacious to memories. And our worldview is formed on the basis of the upbringing of our parents. Did you have unusual parenting practices in your childhood? Share it in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting