My husband was asked who was more important to him at the party, his answer shattered my confidence in marriage.

Each person has their own system of priorities. But it does not always coincide with the views of our loved ones. This is exactly what happened to the heroine of our history. Because of her husband’s sentence, she lost confidence in her marriage.

Editorial "Site" sharing her story with you. You may have some wise advice for her.

A recent family holiday has resulted in me losing confidence in myself and my marriage. I don’t know what to do, so I ask for advice. But to clarify the whole situation, I need to tell you a little about my life. I got married 3 years ago. He's a little older than me, and he has a daughter he's raising himself. We decided to live as a family and later have a child together. Everything suited me, because Volodya I love very much, he is a good person, reliable. At least I thought so.

Recently we had a family holiday where all the relatives gathered. We had our husband’s parents, our closest relatives and our mutual friends. We were all having a good time, talking. And in one conversation, her husband's daughter said that it was good for her to live alone with her father. I have a good relationship with Lisa, but she's still jealous. It's hard for her to accept that her father has someone else in his life. It is also a difficult age, she just turned 15.

After this phrase, her husband’s sister, who for some reason does not like me, asked Volody: “If you had to choose between your wife and daughter, who would you choose?” I was surprised by this question, but my husband answered without hesitation: “Of course, daughter.” She's a priority!

Honestly, after that answer, I wanted to go underground. Everyone looked at me and watched my reaction. I decided to make it a joke, but my husband said, ‘You’re a beautiful wife, you and I are very happy together. But my daughter is my greatest treasure in life.” It seems silly to be offended by this, but I was very unpleasant. I felt like everyone was looking at me with a smile.

Then at the holiday I managed to pretend that everything was fine. But I haven't stopped thinking about it since then. You know, I've been in second place all my life. I was the oldest child in the family, so my mother always cared more about the younger ones. My husband is not a priority either. I feel like I'm playing a secondary character.

Of course, I understand that the love of a child can not be compared with anything. But for some reason, I wanted to think that for my husband, I came first. Now I have a lot of doubts. Can I rely on him completely? After all, if you really have to make a choice, it will never be in my favor. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just trying to figure it out. What do you think of that? Maybe someone was in a similar situation.

We can understand the feelings of a woman. After all, her priority system is slightly different from the one her husband voiced. She has to decide if she is always in second place. Nothing will change for a man. Maybe she wasn’t ready to live with a man who already had a child. But we believe that you can try to understand yourself and maintain a relationship with your husband. What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting