Husband begs his mom to live with us, I vote for nursing home

Problems of old age Many older people are similar. However, when it comes to dementia, everything else seems trivial. Love Grigorievna knows firsthand what it is. My son wants to take her to take care of her. But his wife is against it. And a woman can be understood! What will the spouses decide in the end? Read about it in our history today.

My mother-in-law is one of those women who will never go into other people's business with her unsolicited advice. Love Grigorievna I have always loved and appreciated. We had a warm relationship with her. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to live with her. I'm telling.

My husband’s mother is already a mature woman. And she started having classic old-age problems. Doctors diagnosed her with dementia and said she would have to be taken care of. My first thought is that my mother-in-law should be placed in a nursing home. My husband and I are not going to do this!

First of all, we have two children. Second, we both work full time. We're not physically going to be able to handle our mother-in-law. I thought these were all such obvious things. But my husband thinks differently. He said his mother would live with us. Like, how else could it be? He believes that we can all look after Lyubov Grigorievna together. Let's make some schedules and so on.

When I asked my husband how long he thought it would last, he said he didn’t care. He doesn’t seem to be thinking about our future. Our sons recently turned 7 years old. I don't want them to grow up in such an unhealthy atmosphere and see their grandmother fade away. Besides, I am not ready to be in constant tension either. Is it really that hard to understand?

I asked my husband to put his mother in a nursing home. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. It will be taken care of by professionals, people who understand how to do it. This is a serious illness. You can't just solve this problem. She will have to live with her for many more years until Lyubov Grigorievna goes to heaven.

But a husband is like a stubborn sheep. Says he promised his late father he would never do that to his mother. Like it's a shame! I'm not saying to take your mother-in-law to the first shelter you find. I'm willing to pay for decent care, especially since we can afford it. Why complicate things?

I don't know what to do. My husband doesn’t even want to listen to me anymore. We fight all the time on this ground. And I see that children suffer from it. Is his mother more important to him than we are?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Dementia is a serious ailment that is really difficult to cope with without the help of professionals. Although they say that being in the circle of close people, it is actually easier for a sick person to live with it. One way or another, the main character and her husband need medical advice. He must say whether it is wise to send a woman to a nursing home. Most likely, there are special places where you can arrange Lyubov Grigorievna without unnecessary fears.

If you happen to encounter such an ailment face to face, be sure to read our article on this topic. Never ignore the advice of doctors. Remember that each case of the disease is unique. You just have to adjust to your new life and accept it as it is.

Tell me, what would you do in the place of the main character of the story?

Tags

See also

New and interesting