A basic set of products that save lives

Strategic food supply There is never too much in the house. However, now that there is a full-scale war in Ukraine, and a difficult winter awaits Ukrainians, this topic is especially relevant. I learned about how to stock up on food on the Instagram page of Ukrainian nutritionist Anastasia Goloborodko. I share all the nuances in today’s article.

Today we are talking about food stocks for the winter in short and in essence. The topic is very important, because no one can guarantee that there will be no problems in Ukraine in this regard. Massive rocket attacks have recently escalated. Russia wants to de-energize Ukrainian cities. Without light, access to food is in question.

Anastasia Goloborodko conveniently divided all the food into separate blocks. Ideally, you need to buy at least 2-3 positions from each block. But remember that at least something is better than nothing at all. Separately, it is worth stocking up on drinking water at the rate of 2-3 liters per person. Technical water and water for cooking are stored separately.

Our main focus is on canned food and dried food. They don't need a refrigerator to store. The set created by Anastasia is conditionally divided into basic vital macronutrients. And the first one is squirrel.

Protein products
  1. Canned meat. It can be poultry, red meat, offal. Like liver and lard.
  2. Canned fish. For example, fish in vegetable oil, tomato sauce (sardines) or brine.
  3. Canned legumes. This is beans in butter or tomato juice, chickpeas, lentils.

4. In the form of canned food, you can also buy ready-made broth. It is also sold in concentrated powder or cubes.
  5. Nut pastes are an excellent source of fat and protein. Thanks to them, you can be satisfied for a long time. The cheapest thing to buy is peanut butter. Besides, it's delicious.
  6. Protein bars are mast-heve in food stocks. Today there are a huge variety of bars on the market. Delicious, hearty and useful.
  7. Dried meat, fish and soy products take up little space, but perfectly saturate. And you can store them at room temperature, given that this winter the apartments will definitely not be hot.

Stock of dairy products
  1. Dried milk is convenient to store and use. It can be coconut, soy and any other alternatives to this product.
  2. Condensed milk: classical or vegetable (oatmeal, coconut). Fast carbs are needed for an urgent charge of energy.

3. Protein mixtures. These are different proteins, BCAAs. They are easy to breed if you have water on hand.

Vegetables
  1. Any canned vegetables. A great addition to cereals and other side dishes.
  2. Concentrated tomato paste.
  3. Green peas and corn in canned food.

4. We store dry mashed potatoes as a side dish.
  5. Raw vegetables: brownberry, carrots and root vegetables. They can be stored without a refrigerator. In addition, they can be consumed raw (except potatoes).

Food stocks: the second part of grain crops
  1. Unpolished rice, buckwheat, millet, barley, barley are saturated for a long time. It's whole grain cereals. However, they will need a tourist burner in case there is no light and gas.
  2. Porridge and instant beans. They are usually sold in convenient portion bags. Here we also add instant noodles (Rolton, Mivina).

3. Dry cereals are the so-called prepared breakfasts. You can eat them dry.
  4. Crackers and bread will never be superfluous. They are stored for a long time without a refrigerator.

Fruits and sweets
  1. Dried fruits: prunes, apricots, dates, raisins.
  2. Jams and jam. It is convenient to stock up on jams in small portion bags. You can also buy jelly in packages.

3. Canned fruit in syrup.
  4. Honey or sugar.
  5. Cookies and candy candy.

fatty
  1. Vegetable oils as an additional source of saturation.
  2. Nuts and seeds in any form: raw or fried. We also add peanuts. I write about it separately, because it is a type of legumes, not nuts.

I would like to mention separately electrolyte (It can be purchased at sports nutrition stores.) For the body to function normally, it is important to maintain its water-electrolyte balance. In conditions where food is lame, it is extremely difficult to do this. Therefore, the nutritionist advises to stock up on ready-made electrolyte mixtures.

I wonder if you are preparing strategic reserves for the winter. Tell us about the most important products you plan to buy. I'll see you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting