The bus driver kicked the boy out into the cold, in the evening he saw his photo and stunned

The hero of today’s article lives in England and works as a school bus driver. He recently found himself in a difficult situation that served as a lifelong lesson for him. Even though it all worked out, Adam doesn't know, How to get rid of guilt. We suggest you find out his story and give him good advice.

On that day, Adam’s wife had a birthday. He wanted to get to work quickly and go home to surprise his beloved. "Yes, I'll be right there, Magnet. I’ll just take another boy now and I’ll immediately go to you! the man spoke on the phone with his wife’s sister.

There was only one student on the bus. His name was Thomas, and this year he went to second grade. Usually Adam takes the boy to the last point of the route and sees him off until he disappears from sight. He lives just 5 minutes from the bus stop.

But this time it was different. The driver was already delayed because of the weather: all roads were blocked and he could not go fast. Adam knew he was very late, so he asked the boy to come out. But Thomas asked, "Can we wait a little longer?" There's a blizzard outside, I'm scared.”

The driver replied, “Sorry, buddy, but I can’t wait forever.” I have to go. You don't live far, you just have to get home fast. Your mother will meet you there with a cup of hot cocoa. Adam managed to convince the boy that everything would be fine and he got off the bus.

Shocking news The man immediately turned and went home. In the meantime, the weather was getting worse and the snow was not going away. Adam couldn't get home on time and surprise his wife. But the party went well, and all the guests were happy. In the evening, he apologized to his wife: “Sorry, honey, the weather is not flying.” I tried to get through as quickly as possible!

She replied that she was not upset because the main thing is that all the children are home. Their safety is a priority now. At that moment, Adam remembered Thomas and thought, “He’s probably okay, I’m sure.” Before going to bed, the man looked at the local news bulletin.

The photo he saw first shocked him. It featured a picture of Thomas, and the news itself said, "Thomas Walker went to school and never came back." The boy was only found in the evening. He couldn't get home because of a heavy snowstorm. The child hid in an empty neighbor's dog box. The boy is fine and is now in the hospital. He was diagnosed with frostbite on his toes.”

Right to make the "Lord" mistake. What have I done? the man said in horror. His wife was lying next to him and asked what had happened. “This is Thomas, the boy I kicked off the bus to get home as soon as possible. It's my fault he went to the hospital. We need to visit him as soon as possible! said Adam.

The next morning he went to the hospital. The boy was in the room and looked very tired. He was very pleased with the arrival of Adam. The bus driver brought the child lots of guests and a teddy bear: "Thomas, how are you feeling?" I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kicked you off the bus! I hope you're okay.”

Thomas replied, "At first I was very scared, it was hard to walk." But then I was able to hide and even fall asleep. It felt like a real adventure. The doctors told me that soon I would be able to walk normally, my legs were normal. It's not your fault, it's okay!

"No, it's my fault!" I should have walked you home, made sure you were safe. It won't happen again, buddy! the bus driver said. A few days later, the boy was released from the hospital. He recovered quickly. This was a lifelong lesson for Adam. Although Thomas has forgiven him, he still doesn’t know how to get rid of his guilt.

All people have the right to make a mistake. Yes, the main character did the wrong thing. But this does not mean that he should put an end to himself. The most important thing is that Thomas has forgiven him and the boy is fine.

If you've ever been in a situation like this, how did you get rid of your guilt? Your experience can help one of our readers!

Tags

See also

New and interesting