Husband asks for parrot jaco because I'm not talkative, but I think it's a bad idea.

Sometimes. jaco-parrot He can become a true friend of man. The bird imitates various sounds well, so living with it is clearly not boring. But how comfortable is living in an artificial environment for the bird? Who wouldn’t want a companion like Jaco?

Thoughts to get jaco appeared in Yuri relatively recently. He had been married to Nina for a year. Although love has long passed, but the married couple decided not to divorce, and live a century together. “At least you told me something. Where were you? Who was she with? What were you talking about? Nina, I have the impression that I married a fish, Yuri murmured.

“Luba had me. They watched the TV and drank tea with candy. Nothing special, Nina said quietly. “I'll get myself a parrot. A big one, it's called Jaco. And then there will be more conversations, Nina’s husband murmured under his nose. “Are you sure that's a good idea? Still not a canary or a hamster, the woman doubted.

It's a beautiful bird. Let's see if it's really possible. jaco And do without talking to other people? How do you care for a bird? What is she, anyway? There is information that the intelligence of the parrot Jaco is approximately the same as that of a baby 2-3 years old. The maximum length of the bird reaches 35 cm, and the wingspan is 65 cm.

African gray parrots or jacos are red-tailed and brown-tailed. Birds have an interesting coloring of feathers and a black beak. The habitat of Jaco is located on the African continent (Liberia, Congo, Angola, Guinea). The lifespan of such parrots sometimes reaches 50 years.

The highlight of the program What is the problem? It seems that such a parrot will truly become an excellent companion to a person. However, one should not rush to conclusions. Jaco really is. loud enoughThey make sounds that are characteristic of parrots. They can loudly click their beak, squeal, scream, gnash. Moreover, Jaco masterfully imitate the surrounding sounds. For example, the melody of the host’s phone or the doorbell.

In addition, it is necessary to carefully approach the selection of the place of purchase of a parrot. Many jacos are sold illegally, transported across borders in cramped crates and cages. It is impossible to encourage the work of such people and buy birds from them. Often, such parrots can sickenInfected with various parasites, suffer from mental disorders and even rip out their own feathers amid stress.

If you decide to buy jaco, then you need to pick up a large cage. The more, the better. The main peak of Jaco activity falls on the early morning and first half of the day, so at night it should not interfere with the owners. But to count on the independent development of the bird of the human language is also not worth it. Only love, care and heartfelt conversations will help Jaco as identical as possible. adopt.

One of the most famous jaco parrots was Alex. It was studied by scientist Irene Pepperberg, who studied the intellectual abilities of birds. Experiment with Alex It lasted about 30 years and was interrupted by the sudden death of the bird. Irene Pepperberg soon published her research, where she pointed out that Alex's emotional development level matched that of a two-year-old. The parrot could distinguish colors, figures, objects, could go into a cage if tired, or throw a nut at the scientists, which he was offered instead of the desired banana. What the bird had asked for before.

Summing up, it is worth saying that jaco is not just a chatty picture on the general background. He’s an interesting, emotional, talkative friend to work with every day. His mental abilities can develop, which means that the owner undertakes to help the bird with this. Become for Jaco true mentor, support and support. For which the bird, no doubt, will repay his affection and love.

Tags

See also

New and interesting