I usually gladly help old women, but this time I refused my grandmother, who asked for help, I am ready to tell you why.

Speak oldie Some hurtful things are not accepted in our society. Most of you will be forgiven, and most of you will be forgiven. They lived their lives and saw a lot. What do you care? And other things. But in fact, someone has to bring it up.

Not every grandmother needs help. Moreover, there are those who, even in acute need, will never show up and ask for help. Principal. Not to say that this is good, but compared to the elderly emotional "vampires" much better. Don't feed them bread, just let them complain and command them. They always know how and what.

You know, working in an office is not like working in a field or a mine. But as a miniature 32-year-old, it's still hard for me. Always remember a lot of information and set your eyes in front of the monitor. All I want is a decent attitude and a huge glass of latte during my lunch break.

Until recently, I was able to do that. I would go down to the first floor of the building, take a seat in the corner of a small coffee shop and stare at the wall, enjoying a fragrant drink and thinking about my own. Great time, I'll tell you. But things have changed recently. An old lady came to my favorite coffee shop at the time of our lunch break.

The first time I saw her was in the room. She sat and scolded the barista girl loudly about being served out of line. And after all, she also “whistled” a few sticks with sugar. I wondered why it was necessary, because there are no savings, maybe a woman just collects them.

Speaking of her appearance, I would give her around 60. Maybe more, maybe less. You can see that the children take care of her: good clothes, glasses in an expensive frame, and at least energy. I'm half my age and I go to lunch like a lemon. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't have the strength to argue stupidly.

I'm going to the coffee shop the other day. And they have a sold-out: the tour group decided to take a little gas with them and did not calculate that it would take time. Well, we'll have to get in line. And after 10 minutes, when I almost got to the cherished goal, she came in, the queen, the ruler of the sea. With a martyric “oh!” the grandmother went round the queue and, without conscience, stood before me.

I knew there was going to be a fight and I didn’t want to give up.

- Woman, you're wrong. Here I stand, take your place in line.
- Girl, miss the old one. I'll order a quick order, drink a seagull and move on. You're gonna rest, young girl. You have a sea of time...
- You start swearing now, and then all the sugar in your pockets. I don't have a rubber break, so get back in line.
- You're such a jerk. Don't contradict the elders, you piggy! I'm gonna call the police!

The old woman turned all red, began to raise her voice, her eyes shining. And then I saw that she was asking us to fight like this. She needs these emotions, and without them she will not leave. The only difference is that the more time and energy I spend, the more it will take away. You know? Like a ghoul.

That's why I just turned away and caught the girl's eye at the counter. She nodded and accepted the order. My grandma had something to say about me and... In an abruptly changed, ingratiating voice, she asked the man behind me to let her pass. He was a young, lanky guy who didn’t know what to say. Shy, began to blush and try to squeeze out a few words.

- Dear one. Stand at the back of the line. If the guy concedes to you, then everyone behind him will have to give in too, which is wrong. In fairness, you will have to switch places. Boy, you ready to go to the back of the line?
- No, thanks.
- That's great. Woman, take your seat.

To confess, such a cold and confident tone from the employee of the institution I did not expect. She must have lost her nerves, too. Well, I know work doesn't leave that mark.

But I was also surprised by the scandalous reaction. As soon as she realized that she had nothing to profit from, she immediately took her place. No more accusations, no more frivolous behavior. I took a drink, almost automatically. She sat down at the table, waited for the drink to cool, and drank less than half. Then she just stood up and left without a word.

Someone would say, why did you hurt your grandmother? I'd be wrong. She wasn't offended, no. She just realized at some point that she had lost the ability to feed on someone else’s energy in this place. She didn't need tea. As well as packaging with sugar. But the negative and elevated tones are another matter.

At the moment when the visitors and the employee of the institution united, the old woman realized that she had nothing more to do here. I don't know if she'll show up here or just pause. But I don't think we'll see her again in this coffee shop. So my emotional rest and recovery is not in danger.

Photo in the article.

Tags

See also

New and interesting