I learned from the cronies that my daughter got married, and my ex-husband went to a remote village, he inherited a hub from relatives.

The life of a single woman with a child seems quite joyless. In youth, a woman wants to find love, to have children from a loved one. Falling in love covers the eyes with a veil, girls rush to get married, and then live years in an unhappy marriage, not knowing how to get out of it. It happened to Julia. Before graduating, she got married and had a child. And then she left her daughter with her husband. Now Julia is over 60, she has no husband, and she regrets the time lost.

I got married the first time I was 20 years old. We dated for 2 years and then he proposed to me. A year after the wedding, I gave birth to a daughter. Throughout my pregnancy, my husband supported me, cared for and tried to provide everything necessary. He was 25 years old at the time.

When I gave birth, after months of sleepless nights, Lesha and I drifted apart. But he had no soul in our daughter. Every night he stood up and sang lullabies. He loved to play with her and allowed him to paint his nails with varnish when Ana was 4 years old. My daughter grew and my relationship with my husband deteriorated.

I realized that I didn’t want to live with this man, I offered to divorce. But Lesha flatly refused to move out of my apartment and said that if I needed to, I can pack my things and move out. And he'll stay with his daughter. I lived with my mom for a while and saw my daughter after work.

In my new job, I met a man. He is a widower with a small child and I am a divorced woman. We agreed on characters. Sasha offered to move in with him a few months later. But I could not take my daughter with me, as Alexander lived with his young son in a one-room apartment. I figured if my ex didn't want to move out of my apartment, I could leave our daughter with him. He spent more time with her than I did. On weekends, I visited Anechka, and then I began to come less and less.

A year later, Sasha was offered a new job in another city. I moved in with him and his son and moved away from my daughter. Sasha and I lived 28 years, and then he had health problems and my husband died. Meanwhile, my husband’s son grew up and, although we had a good friendship, Maxim told me to look for another place to live.

It happened a few years ago, before the New Year holidays. I had nowhere to go, I was trying to find a new apartment. A month later I received a letter from the Czech Republic. My daughter wrote to me, with whom I have not spoken in all these years.

Anya wrote that she would try to help me. She hasn't taken offense at me for a long time and is waiting to visit. A year later, I was in Prague, meeting my granddaughters and son-in-law. Now I am happy, I have a daughter, grandchildren and a caring son-in-law. Now I regret only that I missed so much time, I do not know the woman that became my little Anya.

But now I get to know her again and am grateful to my child that she became a good person and did not leave her elderly mother to fend for herself. Although I had every right to abandon me, as I did foolishly when I was young.

The vital wisdom and advice of the editorial staff forced Julia to leave her daughter with her ex-husband. Could she have done otherwise? She could, but she would have missed her happiness. After all, she and her second husband lived in love and harmony for almost 30 years. Thanks to her first wife, Julia can be proud of her adult daughter. But she will not be able to stop regretting the lost time, the opportunity to see her child grow. All this time, Julia was raising someone else’s son as her own child. Everyone can judge, but only a few can understand.

Only when a person lets go of resentment and forgives relatives, he can move through life easily and confidently. We cannot suffer for missed opportunities or bad decisions, because then we will live in the past and will not be able to fully enjoy the present.

Tags

See also

New and interesting