I was glad when my husband came home 2 times a year, regularly sent money, I didn’t even want anything else.

In many families of our country, men are looking for options where to earn more money. Often the only solution is hard work abroad. What to do: there is much more wages, although you need to “plough” pretty well, without sparing health. At least there are prospects. But What to say to your departing husbandWhen children start to forget what their father looks like.

She decided to share her trouble with us. Her husband hasn’t been home for a long time. Although the story itself is not new, it has something to think about. Family relationships sometimes lose their wholeness. Therefore, quarrels, omissions and other misfortunes begin. It seems easier to judge from the outside. But in fact... There are nuances.

Our “dad,” as we call my husband, is a very hardworking and punctual person. You know, old-school. I love him because he makes me and my daughters happy. But recently, a not very pleasant story happened. I don’t know who to write to for advice. Going to a psychologist, a lawyer, or a grandmother?

We met in a circle of interests: we both liked to paint. I preferred to depict nature: meadows, forest, lake. For this reason, I never sat at home, I wanted to travel, sun, fresh air and new emotions. Michael treated art more like science. He could put an old ugly kettle in front of him, but in his drawing it became so unique that the eye clinged to every detail, every detail.

After a while, the relationship went into a serious phase and we got married. First the eldest daughter was born, then the youngest arrived. At the financial level, things started to go down. I've forgotten the last time I took a vacation. My husband was fine. But without money you can not go far, and we decided to take some serious step. My husband went to work for the first time.

When he arrived a year later, there was so much money that I cried with happiness. We bought so much, went on vacation with the whole family. It was a wonderful time. But a couple of months later, Misha got a call from a colleague and invited him to a new project. It turned out that, despite the difference in exchange rates, foreign currency was spent quite actively. There was no work at home. We decided to repeat our husband’s trip abroad.

He only came home a couple of times a year. I did girls, housework, creativity. My husband worked, but we often cheated, and then the opportunity came to call. At first I didn’t find a place for myself, and then I slowly got used to it. When my husband arrived, we even bought a house in the suburbs. Nice, with a garden and a garage.

It's been 12 years. During this time, Misha, of course, changed. He was no longer interested in drawing. He filled, although strangely, it seems that the work of the builder is difficult to call easy. He always gave me a bouquet of flowers when he arrived. Now it's all gone. The girls went to study in the capital, and I decided to give them money to rent housing, study and personal expenses. Misha and I even had a little quarrel about it, but it went well.

We called a couple of times and talked about it. He asked about his daughters. How do I know why they don't have time to talk to him? They have studies, sessions, growing up. You have to understand that. But he just grumbled, why would he? He was recently promoted, so the mood should have been more positive.

In a few months he was supposed to come. Now his vacation could have lasted longer. Not 2 weeks, but a month. The authorities, apparently, finally realized that they have a very talented employee there, and began to treat Michael better. I wanted all our friends and relatives to come to him and take a walk, as they say, from the heart.

Our house is spacious, there is a place to turn around. What a reason! Misha said at first that it didn’t matter, but then when he found out that I had already bought myself dresses and arranged a restaurant, he agreed. Of course, but that’s how men are at that age. Everything was going well.

We agreed: the husband flies to the airport, then gets on the train and comes to the city. There's a couple of minutes by taxi, and by the evening, at 6:00, we all meet him. The party was planned to be great. I even got ready and painted his portrait. It was packed in a beautiful frame, eh...

But he woke me up this morning with a call. Said he wasn't coming. He's tired of being an ATM. He stays in another country and will build a relationship with another woman. He asked me to call him only for a serious reason: when he needed to file for divorce. He hung up on me without saying goodbye.

I had suspected another woman for a long time, but I was silent. Yes, he is a human being, just like me. But am I the only one in this situation? It's your family, you make money for those closest to you. It was also difficult for me to arrange everything, to arrange a holiday. The fact that the guests asked why Misha was not there was a lie. How can a person be so narcissistic and irresponsible?

I still haven't filed for divorce. Misha didn't call. What do you think might change his mind and make him come? The older one, here, found a boyfriend. Thinking of a wedding. I can't do this alone. Girls need a father and I need a husband. Or are modern men really as shredded as they are now written on the Internet?

Tags

See also

New and interesting