The children received the sad news that their mother was no more, but they did not become sad, rushed to share the inheritance, they were waiting for a surprise.

Often. inheritance It turns into a circus and a fight between close relatives. And the higher the stakes, the higher the degree of heat. Seems like grief. But at a certain point, people have a veil before their eyes, and all other feelings are obscured only by the feeling of profit. This is not always the case, but believe me, more often than I would like.

The businesswoman, recently retired, decided to test their children “for strength”. And what to do if the old loboshakes still only pull money out of it, and spend them on a good life. There is no self-development. Plans for the future are entertainment and parties. Love for your mother is manifested only on the phone, before asking for another sum of money. The situation is pretty sad.

At the age of 59, I know the value of money very well. First of all, it's time. Work, rejection of some things, rest. Putting all ambitions in one place. Work, risks, the ability to find a common language with customers and partners. My ex-husband and I divorced by mutual consent. Part of the business he took, I stayed with the other half, a house and two children.

I had to hire people to look after Arthur and Lisa. Every year I’ve seen my kids turn into the big boys I couldn’t stand when I was young. But there was not enough time and effort to re-educate them. We had to build a future for all of us. My dad burned them out and went off the radar. I was only hoping for myself.

Lisa, the second child, did not consider it necessary to ask what her mother was doing. I paid for school and university, my daughter practically did not go to classes or couples. But often went abroad, found the same friends and they together all day did only that went shopping. Salons, nightclubs, other entertainment. Lisa thought that this way she would find a rich man. Naive fool.

At least Arthur tried. He often asked me for a loan for a new startup. He had a lot of them, and imagination, I must say, worked hurrah. Coffee machines, goods from China, fashionable men's hairdresser, hookah - that's just what I remember. But the businessman’s son lacked a grip. After a couple of months, he was tired of monotony and was out of the game. "Hello, Mom. There is a new idea, give me the money”. And we start over.

And so I decided to do this experiment. According to legend, an accident. I don't know, all the ritual things go very quickly, the children call a fake notary and they all gather in one place. A simple plan, however, can at least approximate what children think of their mother.

It was a really wonderful experience. Thanks to hidden cameras and microphones, I could hear every rustle and see every emotion. At first, the children tried to pretend to be heartbroken heirs. They shagged their noses, wiped away non-existent tears. Even hugged once, although in recent years they hardly communicated. And when you read a false testament...

- What do you mean, the whole company goes to Yegor Ivanovich? I don't care if he's her deputy! I am her son and I will not tolerate such treatment. Just a trial!
- Arthur, but we get the house and the money. Still great. Enough for everyone.
- So what?! Do you realize that money makes money? I could have run my mom’s business and then...
- It would have collapsed in six months. Come on, your business knowledge isn't far from mine. But at least I didn't waste my time and other people's money.
- Yeah, you spent it on restaurants, clubs and plastic!
- No one is getting younger and it's none of your business. Anyway, let's share what's left. Some of the money we're going to spend on a normal monument, Dad, I hope, doesn't show up when you didn't expect it. I'm not giving him anything.
- Let our lawyers talk about it. I don't have time, business.
- I also bought tickets to Spain. So you bring flowers and all the rest of the tinsel to the garden yourself. Like the two of us.
- Yeah, he ran away. You should know how much I'm sacrificing to open a new barbershop. If I'm not there, it's all gone. So do something without me.

They talked a little more about everything, but it was clear to me that they did not care much about my fate. I couldn't recover for two days. The thoughts were, of course, depressing. My deputy, and also my man, offered to spit on everything and open the cards. But I was going to do it anyway. Something important had to be done. I couldn't get away with it.

At the appointed time, the notary again gathered my offspring. I was also present at the meeting, personally. Seeing their mother in good health, the “kids” began to lament and cry, saying how good it was that it was only a mistake and everything was fine with me. Then they pretended to be happy and laughed. But my decision was unwavering.

- All right, junkies. I've seen your past reactions in this very room. I heard everything. Elizabeth, you're going to Spain, so you love it? Then you get the house. That's where you're going to warm up now and make your personal life. Arthur, big boss. Do you think that with your laziness you can build your own business? Good. You get the money, here's the envelope with the card. There's a password and everything. I don't want to see you again.

Another 10 minutes of apologies and declarations of love. It makes you tired, so I got dressed and went outside to the car. Nobody even saw me off. My brother and sister finally got close and stayed to discuss their new acquisitions. Good. I really need a break. I'm going somewhere with Egor. We deserve it.

I wonder what Lisa's reaction will be to her new "home"? An ancient, ivy-covered box with a rotten slate. And it is located 70 kilometers from the city. That's where I was born. Well, Arthur, let him try something with that money on the card. Maybe he'll fill up his voracious car a couple of times, but he'll go to the cafe. Well, his father and I had less money when we started.

I don't know if that's fair or not. Time will tell. But the role of a walking ATM for my children is already quite enough. Now is the time to step away from all of this. Take care of yourself. A businesswoman also wants to be a woman. Sun and sand, meet me!

Tags

See also

New and interesting