I decided to marry my daughters first and then arrange my personal life.

Recently we wrote about the important stages of life defined by the sage Sadhguru. Many people after 60 seem to start a second life. In India, for example, at this age remarry People who've been together for a long time. They want to emphasize the importance of their relationship. Love and marriage go hand in hand, though they are not as closely related as we sometimes think.

The heroes of our article, though not from India, but decided to formalize their relationship only after 40 years of living together. Galina Rykova and Nikolai Kravchenko recently signed in the Irkutsk registry office. The bride will soon be 90, and the groom has already celebrated the 91st year of life. How did the couple get married after 40 years?

In the early 80s, young people met and fell in love. Galina raised three girls born in her first marriage. The woman’s husband passed away early. Nikolai had just moved to the city, where he was sent on duty. He recently separated from his previous wife, but has not officially filed divorce papers.

Galina wanted to raise her daughters to their feet, and before that she did not want to think about her personal life. She and Nicholas moved in only a few years after meeting when the youngest married. 40 years have passed since then, but husband and wife treat each other with the same tenderness as in the first years. That's what Galina's kids say.

Some time ago, the first wife of Nicholas died, and he officially became free. After that, Kolya offered his Gala to formalize everything officially. Galina is not waiting all these years for an offer. A man and a woman were there, and that was enough for them. It's just how their lives turned out.

However, the woman accepted the offer and the couple played a quiet wedding. Gal and Kohl invited only relatives. Even great-grandchildren were present at the wedding! The lovers just signed up and went to the cafe together afterward. It seems that despite four decades, they still have each other and do not need anyone else. Daughter Gali says that the couple just started their romance: tenderness and support is still at a high level.

To be honest, I love it when people get married after they’ve been together for a while. It's so important to be close to each other before. It's important. habit, chatting... It seems to me that the main myth about love is that it can cover absolutely all obstacles. Like, if you love, you will come to terms with any habits of your partner.

I find this definition of love quite toxic. Why be around someone who is annoying? How do you know if he'll be annoying before the wedding? The only option - to live together. Of course, there are moments that can be settled, on something you can compromise. However, there are also things that are very difficult to accept.

And do you think it is worth living together a little before marriage and do you need to formalize your relationship at all? Share with us your point of view and arguments that you think are really weighty. I'm sure it's not that love alone is not enough. Love consists of many aspects that we sometimes do not want to include in it. Household compatibility - one of those aspects.

Tags

See also

New and interesting