Wife escaped, throwing triplets on discharge in the hospital, years later the doorbell rang

No matter what anyone says about modern parenting, the fact remains: Baby needs a mother. It does not matter what resources the parents have. How professional a nanny they can afford. Or how busy their schedule is. Maternal warmth for children, especially in infancy, is strictly required to be present.

The worse is the situation when the mother may have something to do with the psyche and she will not withstand the responsibility assigned to her. Our reader shares a story from the lives of his good friends.

With Lina we met for the first time on New Year's Eve. There was a spirit of celebration and carelessness in the air. My friends decided to go to a small coffee shop downtown to get warm. Sitting, chatting, and then in the half-lit room she came. I will never forget that moment, although it has a bitter taste for me.

Then everything happened very quickly. We met and I immediately felt like I wanted to be with this girl. Then more. Meet my parents, propose, get married. I have always wanted children and I have not hidden my feelings. Lena said she didn't mind being a mother either. But then. You have to be young and save money. I said yes.

Six months later, we found out we were in a position. I was very happy, I told my mother. I bought clothes for pregnant women, although I knew that soon it would be time to tighten my belts a little: a child is an expensive pleasure. And yet I was very happy.

The birth was difficult. At that time and in that city, medical equipment was far from modern. But I waited and waited and waited. Finally, the nurse came out and told me with round eyes that my wife had given birth. It's okay, she's resting. We got triplets. I was in shock, I was happy, surprised and jumping in place for joy. It was a little scary, but that emotion was deep in my mind.

1955-1922

I had to go home for some things, money and stuff. I became a father. When I went to the hospital, I never saw my wife again. Turns out she just ran away, leaving the kids on me. I couldn’t stand the tension, apparently. It was a shock. But something had to be done. Naturally, my first call was to my mother. She listened to me and came to the hospital with her dad.

The three of us raised my children. I sold my apartment and moved in with my parents again. Two sons and one daughter. I love them with all my heart, even though they are adults.

There you go. They went to kindergarten first. Then school. Every few days a film crew came to us from the local television channel. It was weird at first, but then we got used to it. So, three kids with a single dad. I'm not sure. Even the guys they studied with didn’t really care.

I was still a loner. Somewhere in my head it clicked: Women can no longer be trusted. And although I understood, I chased away this thought, I could not do anything to myself. No more romantic relationships attracted me, but there was a lot of extra time. I decided to dedicate it to the children. They're very different. Everyone has their own character, views. Everyone needs to understand, be able to reach.

There was a call one day. You guessed my ex-wife, the mother of my children, was standing on the doorstep. Shattered, tired, you might say, gray. She came and immediately cried, rushing into my arms. It was very difficult because the children had already come home. I do not want to describe further scenes, as it just hurts in the chest.

I can only say that she justified her action with some kind of postpartum depression that can happen to anyone. She also wanted money. Or live with us.

Naturally, I kicked her out. And the trials began. “She is a mother, but she has never been able to see her children before. But now she has come and she has rights.” And that kind of crap. Triplets did not perceive her as a native person and looked at her as a crazy aunt. That's basically what she's become.

When her daughter gave her word, she said what she thought. Said she always wanted to have a loving mother like other kids. That she loves me and her grandparents. Here's her parents. And then there are brothers. She doesn’t want anyone else in her family. Let your mother go where she came from.

That's what happened. Lena never called or came back. She seems to understand. I don't know where that woman is right now. Maybe she's even doing well. God forbid. But we will never change our decision.

Tags

See also

New and interesting