I decided to sell my three-bedroom apartment to help my son’s young family.

Many of us have known since Soviet times that kinship Under one roof, it can ruin the most trusting relationships. Indeed, different generations think differently, so the problems of fathers and children arise in them quite acutely. You need to constantly make concessions, and it is better to look for a separate living space.

But motherly feelings are sometimes too strong. What if your son doesn’t have his own corner in the world? I have to go to the rescue. And endure discomfort. Interesting story from our reader.

My only son recently got married. We can say that we are middle class people. Stars from the sky, but there is nothing to complain about. And this is despite the fact that his father has long since gone abroad, and his alimony I have never seen in my life.

His wife is a good girl. Smart, from an intelligent family. But it just so happens that she is the oldest child. By a long age gap. Now her parents do not have time to take care of their, albeit rather adult, daughter. There is no need to count on any financial assistance from them.

Before the wedding, I collected them and told them I wanted to help with the apartment. I had a good “treshka”, in a good area of the city. Unfortunately, with the repair in it things were not very, but you can live. Although I understand that by modern standards, this apartment is “Grandma’s”. God be with her.

Anyway, I sold this apartment. She bought herself a one-room room in the next entrance, and gave the rest of the money to the young. That amount would be enough for a bad “two” or a very solid one-room. Well, that's what I was told. I turned my new home into a two-bedroom apartment. I knew it from the beginning, I knew it from the beginning.

The son and daughter-in-law were very grateful, but decided to do it their own way. You see, they really want to have a baby, but there is no extra money. My son said to me, ‘Mom, let’s wait a while. One-bedroom apartment for three is not suitable. And living in a two-room apartment without repair and on the outskirts of the city is a pleasure.

They put the money in a bank account. They asked me to live. I have two rooms now. They say it'll make it quicker to collect the missing amount for repairs and leave you, you won't even notice. How could I say no, especially since I’ve been in this situation.

So I started my “fun” life. As I was used to living alone, I naturally developed some personal habits. I like to hum under my nose. I like to watch TV from another room while cleaning. There's an old tape recorder in the kitchen. Why not?

But from the first days, the daughter-in-law was tense because of this. My son works in another part of town and she's from home. I don't know, she seems so comfortable. It's good that her parents raised her and I haven't heard a single crooked word from her. Only now there were three of us, and my son never knew how to keep quiet if he didn't like something. And here we go.

“Mom, why are you singing so loudly?” Not one in the house. Please be quiet. Or, for example, “Marina will report tomorrow.” Why don't you watch the show at the neighbor's? It doesn't make it, Mom. And every time that "mom" hits my ears.

Why would I go to my roommate if I wanted to be home and eat some goodies in front of the TV? Or again. I sing loudly, yes. When I wash or make dinner. I’m not doing this for myself, but for three adults. The son works, and the daughter-in-law, although there is also something on the computer clicks, does not get very tired, I believe.

I decided to talk to my son. She said if his wife had any complaints about me, she'd tell me to my face. Otherwise, you get a damaged phone. He said he knows my character, just trying to make everyone comfortable. And then something clicked.

“I wash, do laundry, cook food. But you have to do it with the required sound? What is this? You come from work, eat and go to your room. She won't get out of it at all. And the claims against me?! It was obvious that my son was hushed up and somewhere he even realized that I was right. He said they would order delivery.

Delivery of food for those who save for repairs in the apartment. Funny. Then I completely broke down and reminded not only my son, but also my dear daughter-in-law about where they live. What they save for the repair of the apartment, which will buy mine money. And if they can’t handle it and can’t stand my singing while working (for them), then let them pack up and go to friends or matchmakers.

I had nothing more to say to them, so I went to my room and turned on the TV. Even then, I knew that it was a child’s act, a teenager at most. But they just annoyed me with their unfair claims. I'm trying for them. I don't need much. Some candy and a good movie.

The second week passed after these words. My “tenants” behave quietly, and my daughter-in-law even came to help with household chores a couple of times. Mostly in the evening. During the day, she prints hard. Well, that's good.

Now I wonder how long my youth will last. If it starts again, I'll ask them out the door. It's not that I'm a bad mother or I don't love my son's wife, no. I just think there has to be some mutual respect and discipline. They're not small, they have money. In a shabby two-piece instantly learn how to do cleaning and repair. They are waiting for my “blessing.”

Tags

See also

New and interesting