I admire the way children are raised in America. We still have to learn and learn...

Dr. Eugene Komarovsky - one of the most authoritative pediatricians in the post-Soviet space and beyond. His useful and affordable advice helps hundreds of thousands of dads and moms to change their views on raising a healthy child, and our editorial staff can only admire the enthusiasm and enthusiasm of a talented doctor.

Editorial "Site" She shares a letter of thanks to Dr. Komarovsky, which we stumbled upon by chance and simply couldn’t help but publish. A few words about raising children in the United States.

I grew up in a family of doctors, and my mother could not live a day without pills, naphthysine and bioparox. She was afraid of any breeze, constantly heard from her: “Dress up, catch a cold, do not drink cold, soak your feet, do inhalation, you have no health, everything is in me...” I remember when she was a child bathing me in such hot water that I cried every time.

During ARI - standard: bed rest, a bunch of blankets, antibiotics just in case. True, there was always plenty of drink and it never came to pneumonia or bronchitis. I grew up “finches”, always warmly dressed, hated drafts and cold floors.

I recently got married and moved to the United States. I have always been amazed and amazed to the core how people live here and how they treat children. Not at all like us. Mothers carry babies with them everywhere from birth, and without caps and socks. Many children walk barefoot on tiles in the supermarket, and this does not bother anyone.

Children drink water with ice and swim in the cold ocean, while I am riding in the cold in the piercing wind, pulling the hood and thinking that I should have worn a down jacket at all. Rubber boots on the bare foot - please, hoodie and without a cap of +5 ° C - yes, this is common. American grandmothers do not pounce on grandchildren and children, offering to eat from the doorstep. How is that even possible?!

I could not get used to the cold from the air conditioner in any public room. And she fought with her husband, not allowing the temperature to drop below 25 ° C at home, and even bought a heater. I remember he came to Russia, it was the end of November. I told him to bring a warm jacket.

He took, only this “jacket” was a quality sweatshirt, but not a winter jacket in our understanding. And I walked like that at -10C! And after the bath jumped into the pond and did not even get sick! In general, he always teases me about how weak Russians are, wrap themselves in a hundred clothes and freeze from the air conditioner.

I remember being amazed that he gave his nephew milk straight from the fridge (God, what a nightmare!), even though he was sick and sniffing his nose. No one treats snot in three streams, they do not pay attention to cough. No bed rests, instead walking and ice cream. I couldn’t believe it: how in such a civilized country can children be treated so negligently?

Shortly after the wedding, I became pregnant. Oh, miracle! Because guess what our Russian gynecologists predicted all my life? You, a girl, with such a problematic cycle is unlikely to get pregnant easily and simply, you need to be treated, treated, treated. Of course, pregnancy was a big surprise for us, but such a pleasant surprise, because I accepted the fact that getting pregnant is not about me. That's why you're so bullying young girls?

So I started collecting information about pregnancy, childbirth, babies and what to do with them. About two weeks ago I came across your YouTube channel and everything fell into place!

I'm watching your videos and I've ordered all your books. I finally understood my American gynecologist, who is calm as a boa, and sets me up only for good, does not look for uterine tones, although all my Russian girlfriends say: “You must have a tone, hurry to the hospital.”

No one's bullying me! Thanks to you, I understood why my American husband was so surprised when I bemoaned him on the topic of “oh, how hard it will be for me to sit on buckwheat turkey broccoli while breastfeeding”, because here moms feed and eat everything.

I set the temperature of the air conditioner in our house at 19 degrees, and my husband will not recognize me. I also stopped arguing with him, because he is a surprisingly caring and attentive husband (I also learned this from your videos), and you can’t find people like him with fire during the day, so you need to protect him and love him a lot.

I don’t even take warm sweatshirts with me when we go somewhere, and I stopped condemning “bad” American mothers for the bare feet of their children. It’s only been two weeks and it’s been such a big change.

So it turns out that for family reasons (a military man is sent on a business trip for a year) I will come home to give birth. And frankly, I am very afraid that I will be alone with Russian medicine. I hope that I will be able to find a good pediatrician and gynecologist, I hope that I will be able to arrange life for the baby in the Komarov way!

I am so glad I met you on my way so soon! If she had not met him, she would surely have rubbed her cub with vodka and wrapped it in ten diapers!

about:blank

Raising a child is a delicate topic, and disputes between parents with different views on the process of raising children can become a real bone of contention. A happy child is a child who has both a mother and a father, taking the time not only to love this child, but also to love each other.

Did you like the article? Share it with other parents on social media.

Tags

See also

New and interesting