How to get out of a faded and hopeless orchid

The orchid is my favorite flower. Three years ago, I realized that I wanted to collect a collection of these beauties in my living room on the windowsill.

Now I have 11 of them and they are all blooming! But a year ago, things were very different...

Anyone who grows orchids at home has a problem. rotten And withering leaves. Until recently, I lost 4 orchids. Growing a beautiful, healthy, and regularly blooming orchid is quite difficult. This tropical plant requires careful and attentive attitude.

With serious violations of the technology of growing orchids can get sick, lose leaves and part of the root system. Hypothermia, draft, overheating, excessively abundant watering, direct sunlight or, conversely, severe dimming can lead to the death of the plant.

But what if you try to adhere to all the rules of care, and still notice that the pot withers...

My neighbor, who once came to visit me for tea after learning about my problem, told me a secret that now orchids even blossomed! Because my orchids are my pride.

Editorial "Site" I have prepared a simple but very effective method for you. how to reanimate an orchid Withering leaves and death of roots. The surest way!

Resuscitation of orchid

1. To determine the condition of the roots, carefully rock the plant in different directions. If the flower sits tightly in the substrate, the root system is slightly dehydrated due to insufficient watering and it is time to revive it. To do this, remove the pot from the window and leave it alone for forty minutes. Then put in a container with water for an hour (the water temperature should be 30-40 degrees Celsius).

This time will be enough for the roots to be saturated with moisture and become more elastic.

2. With the help of a shower, completely drain the plant with warm water, avoiding moisture on the flower plant. Wait 20 minutes for the excess water to drain gradually. After using a napkin to dry the sinuses of the leaves and the core of the stem. Put the pot in a well-lit place and make sure that the temperature is not lower than 18-25 degrees Celsius.

3. If during the time you moved the plant, you felt that the flower is weak in the pot and sways in different directions - remove it from the pot to determine the state of the root system. Roots that have cracks at the base or have already rotted should be removed. At the same time, do not touch withered leaves, nature will take care of their removal.

In order to get rid of the diseased roots, it is necessary to disinfect the scissors with an antiseptic and then completely remove the dried part.

4. After that, it is necessary to treat the slices with activated charcoal. For this grind in a saucer 2 absorbent tablets.

5. Then the plant must be placed on the bark so that the wound heals. A plant that is in the growth stage will itself build up its missing root system.

6. Leaves of the reanimated plant should be wiped with a solution of succinic acid, once for 10 days.

This video shows how you can reanimate your favorite pot without cutting the dried leaves.

about:blank

Editorial Board
Also for you, we have prepared the secrets of orchid seeding: how to turn 1 plant into 100. Those who have already tried this method can not admire the beauty of orchids in their home.

Share these wonderful things. Orchid Resuscitation Tips with your loved ones and acquaintances! And I would be very happy if you would share with us in the comments about your experience of caring for this charming pot.

Tags

See also

New and interesting