How to bake Carpathian cake

No one in the world likes custard cakes like I do. I always buy this delicious in my favorite pastry shop - so tender, vanilla, with a crispy crust and the taste of ice cream. Bake them yourself I have tried it many times, but it has always failed. I don’t have enough time to spend half a day on dessert.

One day a friend gave me an incredible gift, a huge eclair that took up half the table. And how delicious, fragrant, can not convey words!

A real masterpiece of culinary art was Carpathian custard cake. He's perfect for lazy sweet tooth. I highly recommend that you put all your chores aside and write down this recipe. Holidays ahead, it will definitely come in handy!

Sometimes "Carpathian" is called a cake. But it's so magical that I call it cake. The recipe came to us from Poland, in it the dough is specially laid out in a careless layer to look like a mountain topography.

The cream for our huge profitol is custard pudding. You can prepare it yourself or buy ready-made in a bag. Dilute it with milk, according to the instructions, it will not be worse than home.

Test ingredients
  • 250 ml of water
  • 125g butter
  • 180g flour
  • 5 eggs
  • pinch
  • 25g powdered sugar for sprinkling

Cream ingredients
  • 500 ml of milk
  • 200g butter
  • 50g flour
  • 50g starch
  • 150g sugar
  • 15g vanilla sugar

Preparation
  1. Let's do the test first. Pour water into a pot, put the sliced butter and salt. Melt the mixture on a slow heat, stirring constantly. Don't boil!

2. As soon as the oil melts, remove it from the fire. Add the flour and mix well. Return the mixture to the stove and boil until the dough rolls into the ball. It'll take about 3 minutes. At the bottom of the pot will begin to form a crust.

3. Transfer the dough into a large bowl and mix with the eggs, adding them one at a time. Make sure the dough is not liquid. Better to do it with a spatula, not a mixer. Beat the last egg and add parts. The dough should be thick, uniform and shiny.

4. Put the dough on the paper-covered pan. You can do this with a spoon or syringe to form mountains. The more carelessness, the more beautiful. You can make the surface flat, it won't affect the taste.

5. Bake for 35 minutes in an oven heated to 200 degrees. At this time, it is better not to open the door.

6. While the dough is baked, make the cream. It is better to remove the oil from the refrigerator in advance, it should be soft. Heat 100 ml of milk in a sothein. Remove from the stove, add flour, starch and mix thoroughly so that lumps do not form. Pour the remaining milk, add ordinary and vanilla sugar. Brew the ingredients over a slow heat until thickened. Don't forget to stir constantly.

7. Put thick cream in a bowl and cover with food film, let it cool completely. So there is no crust on its surface.
  8. Blow the butter with a mixer or a wreath. Very slowly add custard pudding to it, stirring after each serving. Make sure the butter doesn't peel!

9. Cut the cooled cake in half and lavish the cream on one half. You need to cut along, not across! If you have a small shape, bake two cakes.

10. Very carefully put the second part of the crust on the cream, do not press. Sprinkle powdered sugar and send it to the refrigerator for at least an hour.

11. Call guests and enjoy the divine taste!

Polish cake "Carpathian" Very easily turns into an exquisite dessert for capricious guests. In the recipe, you can use different variations of the cream, add fruits. Fantasize over decoration and prepare for praise!

For this dessert, I recommend serving healthy fruit drinks. Our cake turned out to be caloric, and they are very light and refreshing.

Share this recipe with your friends, they will love this giant eclair!

Tags

See also

New and interesting