How to tie a mat with a hook

Probably, everyone in the house there are things that lie in secluded corners, waiting for the cherished hour when they will find application. And this is especially common among creative people who love needlework.

That’s what I consider myself to be such a creative Plushkin. This weekend, I did a general cleaning in my apartment, which resulted in a lot of materials being found. Among them, I was most inspired by a coil with a rope cord, a large one, and a sheet of a large plastic canvas.

And that's because I visited a woman over a month ago who showed me. knitting with a canvas. Seeing the results of her work, I was eager to try.

I am a knitter so-so, especially a hook, I do not own any terms like "column", "naked" and other knitting-hook themes. Therefore, I hope that experienced masters will forgive me for unprofessional language. I will try to compensate for this omission with detailed illustrations of the process by which even the person who first picked up the hook can tie the mat.

How to tie the mat editorial board "Site" I have prepared for you an exciting and simple master class on how to hook It's a plastic canvas. The result is fabulous!

You'll need it.
  • roughness
  • thread
  • hook
  • fringe
  • rectangular
  • stationery

Progress of work
  1. To begin work, you need to drag a loop from the cord into the angular opening of the canvas. Then the hook is inserted into the next, adjacent opening of the canvas and grab the thread.

2. Now we put in the second loop and we drag it through the first loop.

3. Grab the third loop through the third hole and stretch it through the second.

4. So tie the whole row. Then move to the other side of the future carpet and continue to tie it in the same sequence.

5. When you've finished the first perimeter, turn over and move to the second row.

6. In the same spirit, keep knitting row by row.

7. When the mat is fully connected, make another circle to process the edge of the canvas.

8. To treat the edge of the canvas, extend the loop through the angular hole. And then we grab the thread.

9. Pull the thread through the loop. Then, through the second hole, we stretch another loop, through which we then stretch the thread.

10. As you can see, you get two identical loops on the hook. Now we're putting a string on the hook.

11. Strip through both loops at once. And through the third opening of the canvas again grab and stretch the thread, again repeat all the actions.

12. The result is a neat chain that closes the edge. In the same way, tie to the end of the side.

13. Again, we turn the workpiece, continuing to tie the edge. After you tie the perimeter, carefully hide all the tails of the thread.

14. Now you can add fringe on the short sides of the mat. To do this, you will need a thread, a rectangular plate of the desired width and a knife or scissors. First, wrap the thread on a plaque.

15. On the right side, carefully cut the fringe. You'll end up with a bunch of identical strings.

16. Through the extreme hinge of the short side of the mat, stretch a thread of fringe into the middle. And in the resulting loop put free ends.

17. Then we tighten and move on to the next loop and thread. Thus, we make fringe both sides of the mat. Then you can cut exactly fringe, if there is a difference in the length of the threads.

18. Look what a cute rug you'll get in the end!

19. Also, if desired, with the help of acrylic paints, several containers, spray and water, you can add colors and paint the mat itself.

20. This is the result you will get if you use paint. Pay attention, acrylic paints must be fixed with an iron, then the mat can be safely washed.

Using old things or remnants of yarn that are found in the bins of each hostess, you can make a beautiful mat that will refresh the interior and give the home hearth originality.

Therefore, I suggest you familiarize yourself with a couple of bright ideas how to decorate your house with homemade cozy mats and polovichoks! I'm just delighted with the bright wicker mat of rope and wool.

Do not be lazy and be sure to use this unusual designation, based on the canvas. And do not forget to tell about this simple and exciting way to your friends in social networks.

Tags

See also

New and interesting