Why drink milk with honey?

I remember as a child, when I could not sleep for a long time, suffered from a cold or froze during long autumn walks, my grandmother would make me a glass of warm milk with honey. I was drinking, warming up, energizing, and ready for the next morning.

My grandmother, without thinking twice, called this drink “Milk of the Virgin”, because according to legend, the milk that the baby Mary fed had healing and miraculous properties, just like grandmother’s drink. Useful - one, tasty - two, but what a name!

DepositPhotos

In the healing properties of milk with honey do not doubt, and in the use of this drink at night - and even more so! "Site" Tell me why. honeymoon It is so useful, especially in autumn, and how to prepare this valuable drink so that it brings maximum benefit.

The main ingredients of the drink - milk and honey - are indispensable sources of valuable substances for the body, they perfectly complement each other and are perfectly absorbed in this form. Milk is a product that was ordered to use by nature!

It contains essential proteins, fats and organic acids, it is rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, sodium and other trace elements. In addition, milk contains tryptophan - a substance that maintains a harmonious psycho-emotional state and good sleep.

DepositPhotos

Honey, by its nature, is an excellent antibacterial and immunostimulating product, which is both a prevention and a panacea for many diseases. And if you mix milk and honey in one glass, you will get a truly miraculous drink!

When mixed, all the beneficial properties of milk and honey are preserved, vitamins and trace elements are perfectly absorbed, and the caloric content of 100 g of milk with honey does not exceed 100-150 kcal.

DepositPhotos

Cooking a drink is not difficult, you just need to warm a glass of milk and add a tablespoon of honey there. But to make the drink really useful, you need to follow some rules. First, bring milk to a boil is not worth it, because in too hot milk, honey will lose its beneficial properties.

The optimal temperature for the introduction of honey into the drink is 40-50 ° C. Secondly, honey is the strongest allergen, so children are advised to reduce the amount of added honey at least twice (1 tsp. per glass of milk will be more than enough).

Milk is an evening drink, and for good digestion, we recommend drinking it before sunrise or after 6 p.m. But best of all, before bedtime! Drinking milk with honey at night allows you to effectively fight insomnia, normalizes sleep, copes with a cold at the stage of its first signs, saves from coughing, heals from sore throat and strengthens immunity.

One of the most useful drinks in the autumn-winter period is milk with the addition of honey and various spices.

1. People suffering from insomnia, for relaxation of the nervous system and restful sleep, doctors recommend drinking milk with cloves and scented pepper. In addition, cloves are the most powerful antiseptic, and best of all it manifests its useful properties when it is damp and cold outside.
  2. If you suffer from a lack of mood or seasonal depression, drink a glass of hot milk with honey, cardamom and fennel for the night. Good mood and long-awaited peace will not take long!

DepositPhotos
  3. To treat colds, stimulate immunity and improve the digestibility of milk, add a pinch of turmeric to the evening drink. Spice cleans the blood and skin, relieves inflammatory processes in the joints, strengthens bones, increases immunity and fights seasonal infections.
  4. Ginger cleanses the body of toxins and improves immunity, and nutmeg added to honey-milkIt strengthens memory, heals headaches and relieves insomnia.

DepositPhotos
  5. It is very useful to add saffron to the milk, but it is better to do it in the morning. Regular use of such a drink will help improve the complexion, smooth the skin, remove bile from the body, improve memory and even prolong the cherished youth.
  6. Cinnamon, like saffron, is better to add to the drink in the morning, because it is perfectly invigorating, warms and excites. In addition, cinnamon added to milk with honey helps normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys and gallbladder.

DepositPhotos

And even though there are not so many contraindications in a healing drink, in some cases it can do more harm than good.

1. Milk with honey is not recommended for lactose insufficiency: instead of a healing effect, you get bloating, flatulence and, worse, diarrhea.
  2. Since honey is the strongest allergen, with great care it is necessary to give it to young children, as well as persons prone to frequent allergic reactions.
  3. It is not recommended to use honey with milk to persons suffering from urolithiasis. No matter how useful the drink, its use can aggravate the course of the disease.
  4. Milk with honey and diabetics is not recommended, although in some cases the doctor may allow irregular consumption of this drink.

DepositPhotos

If suddenly a cold creeps up unnoticed or ill-fated insomnia comes unexpectedly, do not rush to run to the pharmacy and spend money on expensive and not always effective drugs. Take a look at the kitchen – there is everything you need!

A healing drink of milk and honey, drunk at night, will provide a sound sleep, relieve colds, lift your mood and even help to lose weight. I recommend it!

Don’t forget to share the article with your friends, they will certainly need our useful recipes for medicinal drinks based on milk.

Tags

See also

New and interesting