How naive I was when I moved from town to country when the pandemic started.

In coveted times township For many people, it was an attractive option. And if the desire to move a person was present before, now he has additional arguments in favor of his plan. But won’t you have to be disappointed?

Today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of a woman who decided to fulfill a long-held dream. She left her cramped but cozy city apartment to live in a country house that she had inherited from her grandmother. However, the result was unexpected.

Moving from town to village "A little over a year ago, as the covid situation started to get worse, I decided to act." My grandmother gave me a small house in the village. Old, but quite decent and strong. There is water in the village and, of course, electricity. Even the Internet is available. I spent a month and a half in the village every summer. And I really liked that pastime. Sometimes I didn’t even want to leave, writes Maria.

“Last year I retired, so there was almost nothing to keep me in town. I weighed everything and decided to move. The reasons were simple: the city was noisy, dirty, dusty, and I was tired of it. In addition, it is much cheaper to live in the village, almost everything can be grown on the plot. It's fresh, quiet, calm. You can also do gardening and gardening. It's all the benefits wherever you look.

I ended up moving things to the village. The apartment was rented out through an agency where an old friend works. I wanted to pass at once for three years, but trusted her experience and passed only for a year. I will be very grateful for that advice later.

At first, I was happy. While my former colleagues and neighbors sat all the lockdown in stuffy apartments, I cleaned up the house and the plot. Cleaning snow, fiddling with seedlings, fixing the fence and taking out garbage. I spent a lot of time in the garden and garden.

Minusa's first problems were, too. After the city wired Internet to use a smartphone and laptop was very inconvenient. It is not normal to talk on a video link, nor to watch a film in good quality. I do not think that wired Internet will appear in the village in the coming years.

The second problem was electricity. Even if you put the constant blackouts out of brackets, which significantly complicated my use of the freezer and other household appliances, you had to pay a lot. All because of the water heater and electric heating. The bills were really horsey.

Getting rid of garbage was not easy either. The entire village has one container, the contents of which are taken out twice a week. As a result, the container is quickly filled, and the locals simply put around bags of garbage. Then the dogs stretch it all out, creating some crazy mess. Taking out the trash has always been frustrating. And to walk far.

There are few people in the village. When my boiler failed in the middle of winter, it turned out that there was simply no one to fix it. I had to call the master from the nearest town. Of course, such a visit cost me very expensive, it was possible to buy a new boiler for this money.

There are plenty of people in the village in the summer. They come with families, with small children, life is boiling. But by early autumn, they're leaving. And when I went out to walk through the first snow in November, I was horrified that I was all alone. There's no soul or trace around. It became so creepy that I ran into the house, barricaded all the doors and seriously thought about what I should put on the window bars.

Before I moved, I thought I wouldn’t be bored. After all, you can work with the Internet and try a lot of entertainment. But it turned out that there is simply nothing to replace ordinary human communication. As soon as my rent expired, I returned to the city. I decided that I would not stay in the house again. Yeah, I'll be back in the summer, as always. But in the winter there is nothing to do in the village, Maria said.

It is a pity that the move from town to country did not meet the expectations of the pensioner. Perhaps the problem is that Maria moved here alone. And without neighbors in a small village, life is probably especially difficult. Or did the woman make another mistake? Share your opinion in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting