How to sew a braid on the wheel

Recently, my friend bragged about a new one, not for herself, but for her car. In the bag she had a piece of pink fur of a strange shape. As it turned out later, it was steering.

At the word braid, I immediately get a picture of my childhood, when my trucker uncle lets me see the cockpit. The first thing I see is steering-wheel, braided with thick multi-colored wire. And between the loose turns of braiding you can see the dirt that Uncle Vasya washed every Saturday with cleaning agents.

The fact that braids on the wheel are different, including fur, I learned recently, but that this thing is necessary and useful, I knew for a long time.

The braiding on the steering wheel performs not only a decorative function: you choose the appropriate material and color scheme and thereby refresh the interior of the car. It has other useful functions as well. For example, it increases steering wheel thicknessIt makes the grip more comfortable. The material under your hands will be soft, and in cold weather warmer than the original plastic steering wheel.

Another important feature: the braid will provide a reliable grip between the surface of the steering wheel and your hands. So the palms will not slip while driving, which means that travel will be safer. The quality of the car can depend on safety.

Braiding on the steering wheel can be bought in a specialized store, in the car market, and you can do it with your own hands. Today's edition. "Site" prepared information about different braids on the steering wheel, and also tell how to make and lace steering-braid. Save it, you'll need it!

1. Leather braiding
    The most common skin braid. Natural leather is durable and practical to handle. The material is selected with or without perforation. The presence of holes helps to give volume to the product, and is also an additional decoration. Also, it slightly visually smoothes possible surface irregularities or minor technical problems during processing. Such braiding is easy to care for, and it is also more hygienic than other braiding options.

2. Fur braid
    When asked about the fur braid, my friend put it this way: I am just delighted with this softness, I bought myself three at once: pink, purple and gray. Very soft to the touch material, which in winter does not allow the hands to freeze.” However, such a braid has a number of disadvantages. The pile quickly gets dirty and loses its aesthetic appearance, especially light colors. Fur is quickly minted in places of the most intensive use.

Well, in the summer and even more so it is not convenient, since the hands sweat quickly, the pile can also get wet, and this causes slipping when driving. This factor can affect the safety of driving a vehicle.

3. Wrapped covers
    Such cases on the steering wheel are also called retro braids, because they were very popular in the middle of the last century. Now they are used by those who want to style their iron horse as a classic car from the Soviet Union. Braided braids retain their main functions: steering and from slipping hands. At the same time, their price is much lower than that of leather and fur counterparts.

The most popular material for manufacturing is ordinary wire with insulation, which is found in the garage of almost everyone. Some craftsmen make braids from hard and thin linen ropes.

4. Silicone and foam cases
    Manufacturing technology helps to make covers of these materials inexpensive, but perfectly cope with all tasks. The color range of such braids is diverse: from calm pastel shades to bright neon tones. On the linings of foam is often applied color pattern, and transparent silicone will not only protect the steering wheel, but also open its original appearance.

5. Useful braids on the wheel
    Yes, yes, there is. Along with massage capes on the seats, this braid helps with long journeys by car. For this purpose, special massage inserts are made in the external part. They increase the ease of use of the steering wheel, and also contribute to the improvement of blood microcirculation in the palms and fingers.

And steer You need to follow three steps consistently. Firstly, to make a pattern of the product, secondly, to connect all its parts to get a base in the form of a circle, and thirdly, putting it on the steering wheel, pull and fasten.

First, make a pattern with the help of improvised objects. To do this, you need to wrap the steering wheel with food film, and on top with paint tape. It's like a shell. On top of it, apply markers with a marker, where the pattern elements will be stitched: the area next to the spokes and the inner circumference of the steering wheel. Cut the "shell" with a stationery knife on the labels applied and remove.

The pattern is not completely straightened out, but it is not difficult to transfer its form first to paper, and then to the material. At the edges of the outlined circuit of the element, you need to add 1-2 centimeters to process the seams. When working with materials, you need to consider their texture. For example, braid It will be made of a material that does not stretch at all, unlike leather. If there are not enough inches for the seam, then it will be difficult to pull and fix it.

At the second stage, you need to carefully fasten all the elements to get the shape of a circle. Cross-linking is better done with the help of heavy-duty synthetic threads. The resulting product should be put on the steering wheel, pulling on the outside and wrapping the material inside the rim.

And to make a braid on the steering wheel with your own hands, watch this video.

about:blank

Thanks to this master class, you can braid Get on the wheel in half an hour!

about:blank

If you are just thinking about buying a car or replacing it with a new one, I suggest you learn how to check the car before buying. It is important to know what you need to pay attention to, so as not to spend a lot of money on car maintenance!

Choosing a braid Driving is as responsible and exciting as choosing reliable tires for your favorite, because the degree of comfort during the ride depends on its quality.

The braid protects the steering wheel itself from mechanical damage: scratches, chips, scuffs. If the material deteriorated during operation, the braid is easy to remove and install a new one, while the steering wheel itself will have to be long and carefully restored.

Is there a braid on your car? I would be glad if you would share your experience with the choice of smart wheelcase.

Tags

See also

New and interesting