Daughter soon to give birth, and she is courting son-in-law's children from his first marriage

How much support and attention a father is important to a child and why some women care about other people’s children as if they were their own – this is what we suggest to reflect on today.

And before proceeding to the discussion of the topic in the comments, we share a story from the life of our reader, who firmly believes that the saying “there are no other children” is absolute nonsense.

Two years ago, a daughter, Vera, married a man who has two children from his first marriage. He never really wanted to communicate with them, since he broke up with his first wife on negative notes, and seeing children means contacting his ex.

For the first time after their wedding with their daughter, I did not even know that he had children until my daughter began to actively establish a connection between them.

For them, Verochka spends hours at the stove and restores order to invite the children to a clean house and tasty food. At the weekend, she calls their mother and arranges for the children to stay with their father until Monday. And instead of buying something for the future baby, encourages the son-in-law to buy gifts for other people's children!

I am against this, because the daughter will soon give birth herself and she should first take care of herself and her child. Several times I tried to talk to her about this topic and convince her to stop wasting her energy on restoring other people’s family ties.

When the baby arrives, it will require the full attention of both parents.

What if my son-in-law decided to go back to his ex-wife and left my daughter alone with the baby in her arms? Or will he decide to transfer all his possessions to the children from his first marriage, and if something happens, my grandson will stay on the street? God forbid, of course! But everything in life happens...

My daughter, in response, accuses me of being mercantile. He says that there are no other people’s children and even if parents divorce, this is not a reason to deprive children of fatherly attention and support.

The other day, Vera said that how her husband treats children from his first marriage is an indicator of how he will treat their common baby. I'm pretty sure she's wrong. How am I supposed to reach her?

Who do you think is right about this story? What would you advise our heroine? What would you do in her place? Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting