The Distance Between Rich and Poor: The Universe

How should a gradual reduction in family expenses be carried out and what should be saved in the first place? That’s what I suggest we talk about today!

First of all, we will share a proven scheme of reasonable savings, which one of the readers told us. And then we suggest discussing its effectiveness in the comments. Are you ready to change your financial situation for the better? Then let's go!

Over the years, I’ve wondered why I have to live from paycheck to paycheck. No matter how many jobs I changed and no matter how much my income increased, by the end of the month there were still pennies in my wallet.

So I finally decided to figure out where the lion's share of my salary goes. At the beginning of last month, I decided to do a little experiment to reduce household costs.

The first thing I did was look at bank statements. This helped me determine where most of the money is spent on a regular basis.

The list of rash included the costs of fast food, impulsive purchases, food and even the maintenance of your favorite pet.

It turned out that I often allowed myself to spend a significant amount on an unnecessary thing. I did it just to cheer myself up. It could have been clothes that I never wore.

It was the same with going to cafes and ordering food at home: instead of buying groceries for a week, I spent money on one-time pleasure, the effect of which disappeared as quickly as it appeared. So I decided to give up these expenses in the first place.

As for buying groceries, I began to think more carefully about going to the store. During my experiment, I resisted the temptation to throw whatever I liked in the basket, and bought products strictly according to the list.

In addition, I managed to find a more affordable alternative to the usual products. Instead of expensive sweets, she took dried fruits, and instead of premium packaged vegetable mixtures, she bought the same mixture by weight twice cheaper!

If we talk about the maintenance of the pet, then at this point I found an opportunity to save without worsening the quality of life of my beloved furry friend.

I used to buy food in small packs at a local store to last a couple of days. Now she ordered food for her dog Conor in large quantities on the Internet at a wholesale price.

By the end of the month, I had managed to save more than 30% of my budget without significant changes in my lifestyle.

How effective do you think this is to cut costs, as our heroine described it? Do you have any secrets about the rational allocation of money? We will be glad to share your ideas and thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting