When my son told me that he would bring his wife to my house, I began to grieve and fell apart.

What if a child who is selfish does not want to take responsibility and blames you for everything in the later years, instead of thanking you for parental support and warmth? The heroine of our current history has faced such a life injustice and now recalls with regret how, forgetting about her own well-being, she spent the best years to make her only son happy.

I spent my whole life providing my beloved son with everything he needed. And now, instead of gratitude, I receive only reproaches from him that I missed something.

When Dad Lesha and I divorced, my son and I had to move out and huddle in a small family, which I inherited from my parents. In a couple of years, we somehow managed to adjust to the situation, and everything was quite good, even though the space was catastrophically small.

But when his son grew up and wanted to marry, he decided to bring his wife to our house. I thought that over the years he would try to separate from me, and he, on the contrary, felt great under his mother’s wing.

At first, when I heard about Lesha’s plans, I was disappointed. I knew it wasn't good. There will be no peace for anyone in life.

I thought for a long time what to do, and then finally decided to go abroad to work. Friends have long called to Italy to take care of their relatives. The work was difficult, but paid well, so that for 3 years you could safely save up for another housing. Which, in fact, I did.

When she returned, she bought herself a modest two-piece in a quiet area, and left the small family to her son and daughter-in-law.

It would seem that the problem is solved. But now my son is offended that I did not give a new apartment to a young family. She thinks I'd be fine living in a small family. And he and his wife need more space, because soon and grandchildren will appear.

What to say, it is my fault that such an egotist was raised. I don't resent him. I just want you to work with mine first, and then declare your rights.

Lesha only gets nervous and disappears for weeks until he needs something from me again. This is my mother’s gratitude...

What advice would you like to give our heroine? Do you think there is a chance that the son will realize his mistakes and reconcile with his mother? Don’t hesitate to share your opinion on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting